Cam for imes 250i

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Hello all. We're looking to buy a second mill, probably the 250i. In the UK we have 2 choices for the cam depending who we buy from, hyperdent and i cam which I believe is sum 3d. The best support will probably be from the guys selling the hyperdent, as they're a milling centre and they use the software day in day out. I'm not familiar with either and before I go ahead I was hoping someone could shed some light on either of these software's. At the moment we use wieland cam (dental softworks)

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Than go with HD but ask before what they charge for templates could be very expensive in the long run, and its maybe a lot more expensive than sum because the 250 version is very probitious . I love sum but its not easy to understand but you can write your own templates.V 5 is sum V 4.6 is Schott

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Than go with HD but ask before what they charge for templates could be very expensive in the long run, and its maybe a lot more expensive than sum because the 250 version is very probitious . I love sum but its not easy to understand but you can write your own templates.V 5 is sum V 4.6 is Schott
Can I write my own templates in hyperdent, or at least alter them ?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
You can if you have i think it was options but ill think not sure 5-6 bucks extra in the basic and standard version no. You need the template generator. mill center in GB or Germany ? V 5 is 4 K for 250

http://www.follow-me-tech.com/hyperdent/

Last edited:
L

le-ant

Reaction score
You can if you have i think it was options but ill think not sure 5-6 bucks extra in the basic and standard version no. You need the template generator. mill center in GB or Germany ? V 5 is 4 K for 250

http://www.follow-me-tech.com/hyperdent/
Mill centre in UK. The i cam is great value for money by the sound of it, it's just the support that worries me. Thanks for your replies;)

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
I think that HD and Sum have very similar functionalities at the core. Both will give you what put into it and learn on the software. There is an imes v5 250i version which is quite affordable, but I do not have issues with hyper dent. Only issue with hyper dent is that they made what I consider partial templates, its like if I create snippet from a cam strategy and save it. It really only changes semantics in my opinion as it is still requiring an understanding. They do have some advances over sum in implant editing for parts bur only support stl not surface files which is a bit backwards but will likely not effect you on a 250i operation.

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Cheers REJ. I went for the sum3d designed specifically for the 250I in the end.Great value for money and it does all I need it to, happy days:)

garbident

garbident

Reaction score
Hello
I'm using the 250i with dental-Softwork and in addition to being 5-axis software more economical works great.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk