Imes 250i

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Hi guys. Has anyone on here had problems with the Imes 250i? We had ours installed last week and the reseller has already been back to re calibrate and make some adjustments as something got knocked out of alignment in transit. The problem is we're still getting margin chipping. We use icam v5 software with imes burrs so there shouldn't be problems there,however the strategies seemed quite aggressive so I've tried slowing them down but the results are the same.Our wieland mill can mill the same files with ease. Any suggestions?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Perhaps got a lemon ? Keep bugging your reseller till the issues are ironed out...if they can't fix it, then might need to exchange it with another one...my $0.02...

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Anyone using sum 3d willing to share a proven strategy for full contour zr? Please :(

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The only time I get chipping is with brittle material, or old burs. If you change tools and it still happens, demand a new machine

L

le-ant

Reaction score
The only time I get chipping is with brittle material, or old burs. If you change tools and it still happens, demand a new machine
They're brand new burrs. The material isn't the hardest zirconia around, however our Wieland mill handles it fine and so do Roland mills. Our re seller is suggesting it's the strategies in icam, but I can't believe imes would release strategies that couldn't do the job. I think you guys might be right, we may have a lemon.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
T................. Our re seller is suggesting it's the strategies in icam, but I can't believe imes would release strategies that couldn't do the job. I think you guys might be right, we may have a lemon.

Blaming it on strategies :rolleyes:.... I call it BS...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
They're brand new burrs. The material isn't the hardest zirconia around, however our Wieland mill handles it fine and so do Roland mills. Our re seller is suggesting it's the strategies in icam, but I can't believe imes would release strategies that couldn't do the job. I think you guys might be right, we may have a lemon.
If they say it's the mfr's strategies, tell them you need what they've done to fix everyone else who all would have the same strategies out of the box as you. If they're right, they can and should be able to comply.
Otherwise they're talking through their hat and you need a new machine, and maybe from a different reseller. Contracts generally have around 10 days to back out of after signing, at least in every US state. I'd think about it, cause if they take this good of care when you're new to the machine and it's expected you'll need some handholding, how much will they care to help in 2 years. You didn't buy a used fixer-upper, don't let them treat you like you did.

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Having the exact same problem... tried using diamond burrs tried calibrating each time but nothing worked.. using sum 3d
But its all about support... The people over at CAP are taking good care of the situation... Shipping my machine back this week so they could take a look at it... Thank god i have them on my side. They have done nothing but help me get through this whole situation... not to sound like im promoting them but i dont see how i would ever buy a mill off of anyone else after all the support they have and are giving me..
Shout out to all the people at CAP! Amazing TEAM!!!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Raffi, you have a 250i also? Is this a common problem with that mill? I had my eye on this one, but thats tough hearing of problems with new mills..

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
the 250i is a great machine but To be honnest.. I should have gotten a roland... Cap runs them day and night..
They know everything and anything about that machine. So even if i would have had problems with the mill... they know it so well they would have known the problem. But the important thing is CAP is doing everything they can to help me out... Any machine you buy will have problems... its all about who you deal with.. They didnt give me the run around telling me BS about the strategy blabla zirconia blabla burrs ... We tried a couple of things and they ended up asking me to ship it back to them so they could take a look ... THATS SUPPORT!!!

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
Give the company you bought it from a little time to figure out. Not a big thing but may take some testing. This is an example of how sophisticated our Mills are and most of us have been there for a minute or two.

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Cheers for the replies guys. My re seller is back today so I'll see what today brings and take it from there. I'm starting to feel like Raffi though, should've bought a Roland:rolleyes:

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Well they checked calibration after running the mill all night and all was OK. We milled a crown using a file calculated on their hyperdent software and using our zirconia and it milled OK. Then we tried the icam software again and we had chipping. We've had a look at some zr strategies from someone using sum 3d and they're totally different. I've started re writing the strategies and we're moving in the right direction but we're not quite there yet. I don't understand how imes can supply strategies that don't seem to work. Is there anyone using the standard imes strategies successfully? Wieland will be supplying us with a post processor to run the 250 from our dental softworks cam, hopefully that'll be the end of our problems.

J

joeromania01

Reaction score
Well I have the imes 450i and using the i cam 4.6 and milling with the standard strategies , have no problems with , 2years ago it breakes very often the 1mm birs but imes has change this birs with another one and it s ok so far .

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Call imes i dont think you have their strats !!!!!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Cadfan, is that a printer in your avatar??