Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Congrats man...get your digital workflow down then you'll be sleeping in and spending more time doing other things. Making fun of Canadians is always a good past time...hint, hint :p

It's on

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You will love having the control over your own milling. If you need any help let me know

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its not even out of the box yet, and I guarantee Ill need help. My job this afternoon is get the air compressor in the basement. I dont know if I should have my daughter standing buy with 911 pre-dialed or if I should separate the tank and pump. Fun

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its not even out of the box yet, and I guarantee Ill need help. My job this afternoon is get the air compressor in the basement. I dont know if I should have my daughter standing buy with 911 pre-dialed or if I should separate the tank and pump. Fun
Should be no problem getting that thing down into the basement, gravity is working with you.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Compressor is in he basement. I had to remove the pump and motor; it was just too much to do alone. No new swear words though...I got by on the old standards.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I'm wichtya brau. Congrats on the milling thingy. I have some things coming in too. I have already received my air compressor. Supposed to be only 60 db. The ductless vent is installed and so on. Yippeeeee!

user name

user name

Reaction score
I'm wichtya brau. Congrats on the milling thingy. I have some things coming in too. I have already received my air compressor. Supposed to be only 60 db. The ductless vent is installed and so on. Yippeeeee!
Congratulations to you too. I trust we will be doing much sharing soon.:)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Dekema basic sinter oven. I have a technical question.

How the heck do you get it out of the crate? It looks like its upside down, so Im guessing put the lid back on and roll it over and pull the crate off...? I had no idea the thing was so big.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Dekema basic sinter oven. I have a technical question.

How the heck do you get it out of the crate? It looks like its upside down, so Im guessing put the lid back on and roll it over and pull the crate off...? I had no idea the thing was so big.
It is shipped upside down and make sure when you pull on tap to remove the foam to be careful not to chip the firing tray. Also make sure not to close the furnace door before you istall the firing platform because it will lock the door and if this happen pm me to tell you the easy way to unlock it. Otherwise you have turn the furnace upside down to unlock door.

user name

user name

Reaction score
It is shipped upside down and make sure when you pull on tap to remove the foam to be careful not to chip the firing tray. Also make sure not to close the furnace door before you istall the firing platform because it will lock the door and if this happen pm me to tell you the easy way to unlock it. Otherwise you have turn the furnace upside down to unlock door.
So, how did you get it out of the crate? Open the top, remove the small items, close it, and roll it over...or just release the latches on the bottom, lift the crate off. Why is it shipped upside down?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How many crowns did you mill today?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
So, how did you get it out of the crate? Open the top, remove the small items, close it, and roll it over...or just release the latches on the bottom, lift the crate off. Why is it shipped upside down?
I think they ship it upside down to protect the firing chamber being at the bottom.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I think they ship it upside down to protect the firing chamber being at the bottom.
Thats what I was told. I was worried that if I flipped it over with out doing*what ever* first, that Id screw it up.

Ive got a buddy over doing some remodeling, so everythings still in boxes. I have a lounge area and an office that Im switching. The fireplace will now be in the lounge :(, but my dog will be loving that.

user name

user name

Reaction score
UPDATE...

I had the comment about getting the compressor in the basement; it didnt perform according to the mfrg specs. I got it back up stairs and returned for the bigger...and heavier model. Ugh. With the help of Northern Tools asst manager we got it off my truck in a blizzard and back down stairs. (see: milling air and vacuum thread).

Ryan from Jensen and I were able to spend some time together to show me the ropes...although I think he may have learned a thing or two as well;).

So...am I pleased with my mill, sinter oven and related pieces? Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

This is so freakin awesome. I cant believe I waited this long.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Good job on going with a descent/excellent sinter. I went cheap and it has hurt. I've been way impressed with my Jensen mill as well and have really loved it. Fun times!!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Riley, which "cheap" did you go w/? Willing to tell to save us from the same?

Top Bottom