Best Zirconia for Substructure? (Pre-stained and liquid stain)

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
What zirconia brand do you use for substructure (copings)?
Do you recommened pre-stained or liquid stain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What I'm milling right now...:) Zenostar T series. The TO can be dipped, or I use the pre shaded ones once in awhile. Mostly dipping the TO.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Coping you say Hmmmm2 I still remember what they are but I can't remember the last time I fully layered zir..
Old school technique or getting paid high dollar.. I wish !
Only porcelain I use is on facials and few buccals, zirconia protected occlusions, but mostly using MiYO on zirconia .. Ciao

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Argen Ultra and Argen HT Liquid Shade or Zirkon Zahn Water based coloring liquids and slightly dilute.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What I'm milling right now...:) Zenostar T series. The TO can be dipped, or I use the pre shaded ones once in awhile. Mostly dipping the TO.

I will follow up with that for longer span bridges I use the TO and color it, as it's about 1200mpa, as the pre colored T1, T2 etc are about 1000mpa.
I did call and ask if it weakens the TO in dipping it and was told no compared to dipping the pre colored. I still think fracture toughness is the more critical number though, compared to mpa.

Last edited:
K

KIM

Reaction score
Coping you say Hmmmm2 I still remember what they are but I can't remember the last time I fully layered zir..
Old school technique or getting paid high dollar.. I wish !
Only porcelain I use is on facials and few buccals, zirconia protected occlusions, but mostly using MiYO on zirconia .. Ciao

Nice Charles...So we just spent a week with a doctor who heads up a clinical program at a well known university so they could better understand MiYO and start some testing on it....We intentionally brought only white, unshaded ZR bridges in 3 different ZRs (3Y, 4Y, 5Y) as we were going to finish them only with MiYO. There were a lot of comments in the clinic when we tried in the white ZR in the patient..We custom shaded/colored them with MiYO to about an A3 and then fired them. They looked so good, no one could believe they were the same bridges upon seating.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Nice Charles...So we just spent a week with a doctor who heads up a clinical program at a well known university so they could better understand MiYO and start some testing on it....We intentionally brought only white, unshaded ZR bridges in 3 different ZRs (3Y, 4Y, 5Y) as we were going to finish them only with MiYO. There were a lot of comments in the clinic when we tried in the white ZR in the patient..We custom shaded/colored them with MiYO to about an A3 and then fired them. They looked so good, no one could believe they were the same bridges upon seating.

Photos please

Top Bottom