A Better Tweezers

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
These are from the 'Captec' system. Not using them anymore for that, but they are the BEST soldering tweezers you can buy!!! (Though, I am not sure where, probably through Captec, if they still exist... ;-))

You're right, Contraluz, I got mine with my Captek kit, and that they were made to take the heat while holding capteck copings during heating using their add on material. So whatever that metal is to be able to endure being heated and not distorting, is the same metal that is causing the black marks. Yes, they excellent, the best, for soldering, too :)

Car 54. I modified the same exact one you posted in picture( I am not at the lab to take a picture) by using an ortho pliers to curve the tips so that will contact opposing to each other, btw, now do't tell anybodyListen harbour tools sells them for cheap.:Rock:. Many of my tools are modified.

Thank you, Tayeb :) I get your idea, to make a smaller surface contact area as to not leave a broader area of black marks.
And your harbour tools secret is safe with me :D

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg Car54 you have to be carefull on the tweezers you have if you are going to curve them they might snap,( so I used instead a friction grip pointed edge burs and curved them. That blue material is more appealing imo.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was wondering about that, in the metal being heat treated, so it would probably snap. Good idea, thanks for the photo example.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use some similar to these, with teeth, its all I use anymore. I dont hold the crowns with these, I make a 'stump' out of utility wax stuck on an old instrument, then use the tweezers to take them off.

precision-tip-curved-tweezers.jpg

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
I am also see this type of advertising. Which shows that this type of tools helped you to make some dental surgery.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I use some similar to these, with teeth, its all I use anymore. I dont hold the crowns with these, I make a 'stump' out of utility wax stuck on an old instrument, then use the tweezers to take them off.

Thats the same thing I do.;)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

precision-tip-curved-tweezers.jpg

Thanks :) For me, it's mainly for when I'm taking my build up off the model, and am using the captek tweezers to hold the emax and zirconia linguals for touch up add ons, and light Ceramosonic condensing (I know we don't need to condense, or don't want to intermingle build up layers). I had a hard time in not moving my build up, or mushing it, when trying to put it on the stick with the wax. It would probably work for me after things had been fired, and were doing add ons, or staining etc.

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I used a pair of diamond coated tweezers at my last place of employ. Can't find any anywhere. Anyone got a clue?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Ditto on Ivoclar..... This is the squeeze type tweezers.

Vita back in the day sold the thumb screw expansion type.

The tips can be replaced with "high speed" diamond burs of your choice if you ever want to.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
flea markets sell decent tweezers usually

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I used a pair of diamond coated tweezers at my last place of employ. Can't find any anywhere. Anyone got a clue?

Ditto on Ivoclar..... This is the squeeze type tweezers.

Vita back in the day sold the thumb screw expansion type.

The tips can be replaced with "high speed" diamond burs of your choice if you ever want to.

The tweezers (Ivoclar) on the left, is my favorite. It works great for taking emax and zirconia copings off the dies for firing when doing the washes, without disturbing the wash itself, to much. It also works great to hold units while steaming (as well as H.Ross's caliper idea).

Never did like the dial one to much, it has to be the right unit with enough interior wall for it to grab onto, otherwise they can tend to work themselves off. I got mine from Renfert. The burs seem to be in there pretty good.

IMG_0566_zpsuac2bhwk.jpg

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score

Weld a few diamonds onto the end of the tweezers, just like these above. Send em to me if you dont have a welder and ill zap em.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
These are from the 'Captec' system. Not using them anymore for that, but they are the BEST soldering tweezers you can buy!!! (Though, I am not sure where, probably through Captec, if they still exist... ;-))
I still have my original tweezers from Captek. The tips are worn so they don't touch anymore though... I'd love a replacement but haven't bothered looking yet.

Top Bottom