A Better Tweezers

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
About a month ago, I saw an article for tweezers like below, but they were advertised as to not leave the black marks, and especially in my case on emax cores. The tips didn't look like they were out of zirconia, maybe titanium? Did anyone else see that, or know who makes them?

Thanks.

IMG_0559_zpslov2utzy.jpg

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
I actually use the thickness caliber to hold my crowns while steaming them, both for emax and Zr. but during glaze I use normal holders without locking it. never had black or grey spots

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks. This type for me has just the right amount of pressure. The one I saw, was pretty much the same look as in my photo.
Caliper for holding them while steaming, not a bad idea :)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
This works well too. I adjust the tips , narrow, and let the rubber band do the job not the clicks.
I know, it's not holding on the inside only. image.jpeg

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Have you seen this ? Clowns fly off too easy, not my favorite.

image.jpeg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Have you seen this ? Clowns fly off too easy, not my favorite.

View attachment 20708

I've also tried the one with the wheel in the middle that spreads the football diamond point tips out, but I rarely have a pressed ceramic that was ideal in using those. It at times would just work itself down to the margin. I always felt I was one turn of the little wheel in getting it tight enough, to then only break the frame.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have some. I have tried to find a use for them, right now I am using them to glaze temps with light cure. Haven't lost too many temps yet.

Maybe those work a little better on temp material due to a little more of a friction fit, compared to harder smoother ceramic?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I had one that was just down the road from me, but it got the ax when they thinned out the herd. At least they still have a webpage.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol..I saw that too, you made a better post with it than I could've :D

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
About a month ago, I saw an article for tweezers like below, but they were advertised as to not leave the black marks, and especially in my case on emax cores. The tips didn't look like they were out of zirconia, maybe titanium? Did anyone else see that, or know who makes them?

Thanks.

IMG_0559_zpslov2utzy.jpg

These are from the 'Captec' system. Not using them anymore for that, but they are the BEST soldering tweezers you can buy!!! (Though, I am not sure where, probably through Captec, if they still exist... ;-))

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score

Thanks.

IMG_0559_zpslov2utzy.jpg
Car 54. I modified the same exact one you posted in picture( I am not at the lab to take a picture) by using an ortho pliers to curve the tips so that will contact opposing to each other, btw, now do't tell anybodyListen harbour tools sells them for cheap.:Rock:. Many of my tools are modified.

Last edited:
Top Bottom