3Shape Users

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
no its not.
You need to upgrade to 64bit OS and stick as much RAM as physically possible on the board.
Or get a new computer.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Also make sure other programs are not running when you do a big case, every little bit of memory helps.

P

PinAn

Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with "no memory error". Just for kicks I'm messing around designing a full mouth with 4 implants making them screw retained with full coverage zr. But after I scan the wax up and scan in the abutment scan bodies I get this error saying there is no memory. Is it an impossibility to do a full arch anything with 3Shape

my friend has this problem too
3 shape's repairer told us to check the video card

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with "no memory error". Just for kicks I'm messing around designing a full mouth with 4 implants making them screw retained with full coverage zr. But after I scan the wax up and scan in the abutment scan bodies I get this error saying there is no memory. Is it an impossibility to do a full arch anything with 3Shape

Because the software started out as 32-bit, and has band-aid to try and get some extra use out of a 64-bit OS.
Same as Dental Wings. Both are not true 64-bit, and cannot use all of a modern computer full of RAM. It would be a waste of money to have 24GB of RAM. Now, in exocad....that is another story. You can use all that computing Horse-power.

ChrisBWJ

ChrisBWJ

Reaction score
We have found 3Shape and Dental Wings to be more stable with Windows 7 and additional memory. However, I tend to agree with ***. I don't think either are native 64 bit programs. We have high end i7 processors, 12 GB of memory and higher-end video cards and the latest drivers, and always seem to have memory issues with large cases.

With Exocad however, we've done 12 unit cases and nary a hiccup! :)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Chris, send me a PM.. you may need to post more before your PM works ?
Charles

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
my friend has this problem too
3 shape's repairer told us to check the video card

90% sure you are scanning the case in wrong if it's happening during scanning. I see this a lot..when scanning multiple abutment cases, it asks you to select the abutment only area, then select the detailed scan area. With multiple abutments you want to make sure that you don't select more then just the abutment (this area turns green). A lot of people will then select the entire mouth (red) and that's when they get the memory error. Pm if you need more help.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Don't mean to burst any 3shape users bubble..... and this may not be true ..

I heard 3shape will stop releasing updates on 700 and older scanners sometime in 2013.......anyone else heard that ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

I heard 3shape will stop releasing updates on 700 and older scanners sometime in 2013.......anyone else heard that ?

I think they're just letting you guys catch up to us .

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score

Put the old pipe up Charles:canabis:

C

charles007

Reaction score
Put the old pipe up Charles:canabis:

Seriously,,,,,,, I heard this from a reputable source.. gossip ,crapola, or half true,,, I bet you hear the same story soon..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Seriously,,,,,,, I heard this from a reputable source.. gossip ,crapola, or half true,,, I bet you hear the same story soon..

What version did they stop releasing updates for the D250 scanner? 2012? So if it is true then this might also be true. I don't doubt it, only makes sense since the have the d800 and d810 scanner outs. It is what is needed to survive in the growing CAD/CAM industry, sucks for us D700 users. We can confirm this in two weeks at the DLOAC cad/cam expo. LOL yeah right who am I kidding!

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
The 3Shape D250 scanner was launched in 2006 and works perfectly fine with the latest version of Dental System 2012 (2.7.8.11)
It may not be as fast and cannot offer the same resolution as the D800 series but it's still compatible.
D700 was launched in 2009 and is still manufactured...

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score

Not true. the 700 is 3Shape main scanner and the most popular one. They only recently stopped supporting the 250's and those were released so long ago..If anything the 640 will be the next one to go and then he 700 but that's far from now.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Not true. the 700 is 3Shape main scanner and the most popular one. They only recently stopped supporting the 250's and those were released so long ago..If anything the 640 will be the next one to go and then he 700 but that's far from now.

Well I guess it was BS.... and good to know

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score

YMS96 could you provide a source for the D250 not being supported anymore? We use it in production with latest software 2.7.8.11

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
YMS96 could you provide a source for the D250 not being supported anymore? We use it in production with latest software 2.7.8.11

They aren't being serviced anymore.

Last edited:
Lazulitone

Lazulitone

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been searching the forums for advice on correlating the 3Shape pre-preparation scan to the preparation scan. Does anyone know of a thread where people are talking about it?

We often run into a situation where we must overlay a scan of a diagnostic model over the top of a scan of the working model. The problem is that there are no landmarks between the two models for the software to find the registration. We have experimented with scanning jigs and zhermack matrices creating artificial palettes to no avail. Without the simple ability of digitally "nudging" the pre-preparation scan into place we are at a stand-still. Maddening! How has 3Shape not fixed this by now?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when your working model and your waxup model contain no similar landmarks you have two options.

1st you can try altering your working model process; if during the making of the working model you trim off incisal papilla or one of the frenulums, try redoing the model to include it.

2nd you can try tricking the scanner. for example, if you are doing a 6 unit anterior case, duplicate the waxup on half the case, and do two cases.

however, i have NEVER experienced a case where palatal tissue scans do not knit together. for the most part they do, just fine. why don't your models have palatal tissue ?

Lazulitone

Lazulitone

Reaction score
when your working model and your waxup model contain no similar landmarks you have two options.

1st you can try altering your working model process; if during the making of the working model you trim off incisal papilla or one of the frenulums, try redoing the model to include it.

2nd you can try tricking the scanner. for example, if you are doing a 6 unit anterior case, duplicate the waxup on half the case, and do two cases.

however, i have NEVER experienced a case where palatal tissue scans do not knit together. for the most part they do, just fine. why don't your models have palatal tissue ?

Thanks CoolHandLuke,

I completely understand where you are coming from. There are a number of reasons we don't have any palatal tissue on the working model. We do a a lot of cases where every tooth is prepped. Once you base the model, separate and trim the dies you lose all that great data. Oftentimes, our diagnostic model is an entirely different impression with (unfortunately) different characteristics. If the doc uses two different impression materials the expansion of the material can "muddy" all those landmarks and throw off the 3Shape. Also, in the case of a pre-opp model, we find that the temporary (or denture) that we are trying to copy will cover up those landmarks again. A six unit case is no problem because there will be other teeth to use for the registration.

The only scenario where we see the pre-preparation scan being of any use is when we have duplicated the diagnostic directly to the working model. We have not found an economical way to do that yet. The tech is supposed to save us time; right? 3SHAPE let me nudge that damn scan into place!

Uphill battle...