3Shape Users

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
guys,, is there a way to check "distance to oposing " that i used in a prior case without having to open the build step by step, because i think that if i enter rebuild and go to the page where the info is , it resets to the default,, but since i tend to change it depending on the case , i wonder if the info can be seen in another folder or something ,,thanks.

Re-modelling an order shouldn't reset anything so I wouldn't be worried. if you don't feel comfortable re-designing then you can always right click the order and do a 3D Preview and then draw a cross section and measure on that plane [see image below].

ai50.tinypic.com_v2tv9e.jpg
ai50.tinypic.com_v2tv9e.jpg

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
while lot of stuff on this thread! has anyone gone through step by step instructions to make your own tooth library? if yes, what page?

Creating your own library isn't that difficult, just time consuming. See section 11 of the user manual for more info.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
He sent me the CAM output in the folder along with all the other crap. I'm thinking he did this step. ??

Scott

Not if he's still outputting a DCM. Something isn't set up right in your Manufacturing Processes section of the control panel and/or when the order was created he didn't select the material/process that outputs the STL. Double check your settings as you should have no problem getting an STL out if everything is properly configured.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Not if he's still outputting a DCM. Something isn't set up right in your Manufacturing Processes section of the control panel and/or when the order was created he didn't select the material/process that outputs the STL. Double check your settings as you should have no problem getting an STL out if everything is properly configured.

ahhh..I see no dcm...only pieces of a tooth in various meshs...along with a CAM file.

Four necessary stls....Two unnecessary stls of frisbie looking rings.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_untitled_7.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_untitled_7.jpg

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
thats not rawstloutput. its something different.
raw stl will give you a single mesh.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
He's probably outputting using a different STL output then which is splitting the files up. Hard to say thought without looking at it. He should be able to get one solid stl no problem.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
while lot of stuff on this thread! has anyone gone through step by step instructions to make your own tooth library? if yes, what page?

RileyS (and all who were wondering)

a few things involved in adding your own tooth library to 3shape. step number 1 obviously, will be to wax your anatomy in the way and manner you prefer to use, a la nuances and such which will distinctly define your lab's work.

once the waxing is done, you'll be adding your wax to your library folder in the following manner.

1. you'll open ScanItLibrary and you will hit the button shaped like the d700 scanner. this will open a menu for you to create your new library with its own name. at this stage you can also subdivide your library into anterior and posteriors if you wish, so you can mix and match (if you find your existing libraries adequate for certain purposes for example).

2. the " + " button will open the control panel, where you will hit the " + " button to add a new library to the list. rename as applicable.

3. tick the boxes where you wish the library to be used, i.e. you can tick the boxes and make your new library one for Veneers only, if you only tick the Veneers and inlays box.

once saved, you can switch back to the ScanItLibrary window, check the teeth which apply, and proceed with scanning.

4. this is the fun bit. now you must play with your scan. it is at this point you will morph, add, subtract or otherwise edit your scan to be hole-free and correct. follow the steps on screen. ensure the alignment of the model on screen shows the 3 directional arrows of occlusion proximal and facial to point in the correct directions for your anatomy. if they do not, use your rotation buttons and tinker. the Scale window will denote the actual measurements of the current model, but remember you will be able to stretch this anatomy for future cases so making sure the current model is accurate really isnt too much of a big deal. the Cut bottom will allow you to mark where the margin of this particular anatomy will typically lie. mark it all the way around. once all this is done, you'll end up adding morphing points and boundaries. if you set custom point groups you can ensure that certain anatomy points are never lost when you morph your crowns in dentaldesigner. once this stage is finished, this tooth will be ready to use in your next design.

good luck. and please, this is just a quick guide that i pulled from the User Manual i got with my d710 purchased in 2009 (pages 160-166). a pdf of the user manual is very likely an easy thing to get (found a online copy: http://www.wieland-dental.de/uploads/tx_pxwldownloads/BA_DentalDesigner_e_neu.pdf )

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I got it taken care of I uploaded my manufacturing process and materials and it was magic. Thank you for all the help guys!

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Hi DLN!Is there somebody who can give me advice how to remove my WIELAND logo from right side of my Dental Designer i like to change it to my own4:D

logoproblem.jpg

Here is a picture:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/logoproblem.jpg/

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Search for the Weiland logo in Windows.....replace with whatever you want and name it the exact same name, and place it in the same location.

Move and rename the old file and save in case it does not work.

May I suggest a Monkey?

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Thanks this was the first thing what i tried...without any luck.... not this easy my friend

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Then, what happened? If same logo popped up, then you found the wrong file.

If nothing popped up, then your image was wrong size maybe, or wrong format. (bmp jpeg, etc)

Of course you had all software closed during this procedure, right?

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Yes and i'm sure it's bmp...i found nothing just some ZENOCAM icons...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Just put a sticker on the monitor over that spot, problem solved

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Does any 1 know how to design a bridge with both female and male T lock at the same time in 3shape? or is it even possible?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I do in Exocad.

Can you export your finished design of 1/2....then start a new case with that data being imported and call it the new abutment/other half of connector?

M4rk

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I do in Exocad.

Can you export your finished design of 1/2....then start a new case with that data being imported and call it the new abutment/other half of connector?

M4rk

Yes, in 3Shape you can design one half of the case and when finised you can 'copy and append' the design to the model, basically making the restoration now a part of the scan, which you can use to build the second half off of.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
RileyS (and all who were wondering)

a few things involved in adding your own tooth library to 3shape. step number 1 obviously, will be to wax your anatomy in the way and manner you prefer to use, a la nuances and such which will distinctly define your lab's work.

once the waxing is done, you'll be adding your wax to your library folder in the following manner.

1. you'll open ScanItLibrary and you will hit the button shaped like the d700 scanner. this will open a menu for you to create your new library with its own name. at this stage you can also subdivide your library into anterior and posteriors if you wish, so you can mix and match (if you find your existing libraries adequate for certain purposes for example).

2. the " + " button will open the control panel, where you will hit the " + " button to add a new library to the list. rename as applicable.

3. tick the boxes where you wish the library to be used, i.e. you can tick the boxes and make your new library one for Veneers only, if you only tick the Veneers and inlays box.

once saved, you can switch back to the ScanItLibrary window, check the teeth which apply, and proceed with scanning.

4. this is the fun bit. now you must play with your scan. it is at this point you will morph, add, subtract or otherwise edit your scan to be hole-free and correct. follow the steps on screen. ensure the alignment of the model on screen shows the 3 directional arrows of occlusion proximal and facial to point in the correct directions for your anatomy. if they do not, use your rotation buttons and tinker. the Scale window will denote the actual measurements of the current model, but remember you will be able to stretch this anatomy for future cases so making sure the current model is accurate really isnt too much of a big deal. the Cut bottom will allow you to mark where the margin of this particular anatomy will typically lie. mark it all the way around. once all this is done, you'll end up adding morphing points and boundaries. if you set custom point groups you can ensure that certain anatomy points are never lost when you morph your crowns in dentaldesigner. once this stage is finished, this tooth will be ready to use in your next design.

good luck. and please, this is just a quick guide that i pulled from the User Manual i got with my d710 purchased in 2009 (pages 160-166). a pdf of the user manual is very likely an easy thing to get (found a online copy: http://www.wieland-dental.de/uploads/tx_pxwldownloads/BA_DentalDesigner_e_neu.pdf )
thanks broseph!

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with "no memory error". Just for kicks I'm messing around designing a full mouth with 4 implants making them screw retained with full coverage zr. But after I scan the wax up and scan in the abutment scan bodies I get this error saying there is no memory. Is it an impossibility to do a full arch anything with 3Shape