3Shape Users

A

asmithwickjr

Reaction score
if these computers are networked together with a server or at least a Router+external drive, simply set the storage path to the network drive. never have to worry about deleting the cases from 3shape, once they are marked Closed orders. in fact keeping them in the 3shape will help you out, down the road; should the remake factor begin to be a problem, youll EASILY be able to pull up old scans and designs and be able to do side-by-side shots of your work, and cover your butt.

As of now, I can't even access "closed" cases without locking up 3shape.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
As of now, I can't even access "closed" cases without locking up 3shape.

Best thing to do is to limit the amount of cases that even show up in the Dental Manager. Go into your control panel, under General Settings there is a checkbox to limit the amount of cases and then you can punch in a number, I'd say >200. The Dental Manager should load up faster. That may be why you are getting problems with locking up - too many cases loading? Not sure but try it out!

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Can anybody guide me on how to do copy scanning in 3shape?
I have a dualay post that i e like to scan.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
Can anybody guide me on how to do copy scanning in 3shape?
I have a dualay post that i e like to scan.

3Shape doesn't support scanning a post and core waxup (that I know of),the only way to do them in the software is to use impression scanning and do it the right way. You could however try scanning it in, upside down, as a pontic or other form of anatomy in the ScanItLibrary to get an STL but what you scan is what you get and you may run into problems this way but that's the only way I can think of doing that.

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Ok just tried that :
how do i find and extract the file now?
3Shape doesn't support scanning a post and core waxup (that I know of),the only way to do them in the software is to use impression scanning and do it the right way. You could however try scanning it in, upside down, as a pontic or other form of anatomy in the ScanItLibrary to get an STL but what you scan is what you get and you may run into problems this way but that's the only way I can think of doing that.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
is someone here conecting 2 monitors to 3shape scanner ,, so one tech can scan and one design? if so,,, what kind of "second computer do you use?

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Use the same, cant go wrong. Adding more memory wouldent hurt

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
is someone here conecting 2 monitors to 3shape scanner ,, so one tech can scan and one design? if so,,, what kind of "second computer do you use?

HUH? Two monitor and two people working on one computer, one scanning and one designing? Not possible, they both share the same mouse and keyboard, and how is that supposed to work out?. Dual monitors is possible on a single user PC. Best way would be to have the scan PC setup as the server and then a second PC on the network as a client. The client PC acts a window to the the Scan PC no data is stored on it and when you update 3shape on the server the client automatically updates as well. That way the server PC will have the scanner, scanning in cases while the Designer uses the Client PC to design and design only. But if the Dental Designer is open on the scan PC the client PC will not be able to open Dental Designer unless your licensed to do so and that cost $$$! But both PC's can have Dental Manager open no problem. This is the best way to have a separate scanner and designer work flow. Also both PC's can enter cases into 3shape as well, you will just need to hit the refresh icon at the top so you can see what was entered on teh other PC.

As for the second PC try to have the same setup at least a dual core i7 the faster the batter with at least 4-8gb of RAM (more the merrier) and at least a 2gb video card. A decent monitor with good resolution. Our second PC for CAM is also the 3shape client PC (when ever needed) and the video card on it is not nearly as good as the server PC and the monitor is of less quality and when I had to set the margins I got a huge headache from just trying to focus, way too pixelated and you can't really tell if your on the margin or not. Try to have them both within the same range for best results.

Hope this helps

Sevan

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you connect your monitors to a switch (multiple VGA port switch) you can connect one scanner to multiple computers, but not the other way around.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
if you connect your monitors to a switch (multiple VGA port switch) you can connect one scanner to multiple computers, but not the other way around.

Unless you 3shpe license is paid for multiple computers you can not use the scanner on multilple PC's it is stuck on the once the dongle is on. Plus a vga switch just transfers the video signal to the monitor connected to that port. This will not solve his issue.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
you can setup dual displays on one computer, its like having one reallly wide display but not dual keyboard and mouse

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck fabricating zirconia stress breakers in 3shape? I have a doctor that is wanting to do a Bruxzir bridge with stress breaker.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hey all

How can I modify the setting of the coping in the frame design so they are perminately set. I want to make a ZR coping with out a lingual band and one with a lingual band and one more with a 360 band. But I can't find them in the control panel under the oping overlay section. And if I change them in design next time they revert back to default. Anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks

Sevan

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
duplicate the materials 3 times

OR

use the same material file and instead of doing "copings" mark them "anatomical copings" this will prompt you for a cut spline, and on each case you can mark exactly where you want the lingual band.

because with the traditional "copings" parameters a 360 deg lingual band never turns out quite right.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks CHL! 360 bands work just fine, i have a dr that wants a 360 on all his copings, I normally have to go into the coping field and set the start to 0 and the stop to 360 and apply, But I just want to be able to select ZR coping 360 from the drop down menu in the frame design and be done with it. Make it easier for all users. So the only way to create a new coping type is by creating a new material? So where are all the zr coping (shoulder) / (chamfer) all located in the control panel? I see a lit of coping selections in the frame design but can't find them in the control panel to modify.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
go to "frame elements" -> "copings" and select the coping material you want to duplicate.

hit the yellow cross button " + copy" and 3shape will instantly duplicate the material down to every setting and will add the suffix "_copy" to the new material. now rename it to XX 360, and slide over to where the lingual bands section is defined, and mark it accordingly.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
go to "frame elements" -> "copings" and select the coping material you want to duplicate.

hit the yellow cross button " + copy" and 3shape will instantly duplicate the material down to every setting and will add the suffix "_copy" to the new material. now rename it to XX 360, and slide over to where the lingual bands section is defined, and mark it accordingly.

Nice, so by doing this it allows me to select the type of ZR coping in the new case form>Frame>Zr Coping>more option>type.

That way will work as well.

Thanks CHL!

T

thedrive87

Reaction score
3Shape cement gaps

I'm scanning/designing on 3Shape D800 and getting some tight fitting Bruxzir crowns back. My cement gap at .20, extra cement gap .50 and distance to margin line .25 -- Anyone having these issues? If you have perfect fits, what are your cement settings? Please and thanks!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
whoa nelly. my spacer settings are total of .01mm

check and make sure you are using the "drill compensation" and "remove undercut" settings. call your mfg to find out what his bur setting is, so you can adjust your drill setting to compensate. whatever finishing bur he uses, add 10%

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
My settings are .02 margin gap, .04 extra and distance is .20 i think but like CHL said check to make sure your drill comp is not off and remove undercut as well if both are unchecked at those setting you will be too tight! I Take it you only scan and design and someone else cuts for you right? Also you might want to ask the milling center what they prefer on the drill com setting and drill radius to be at, this is only when you have have drill cop checked, if you remove drill comp these settings are useless and not needed.