3Shape Help!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We scanned in a 6 unit anterior case and after designing and milling the case out, we figured out the articulation was off a bit. I know how to rescan in the articulation. My question is, is there a way to do this so I don't have to redesign the entire case. Normally, when I rescan in an articulation after the crown is designed, when I open the case to redesign, the models are articulated properly and the only way to fix it is to explore the order and delete the design tree file. Anyone have a way of getting around this?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
pretty sure you can just right click the case in dental manager, re-scan (or reset to scan then rescan),when the scanner sftwr comes on, i get a window asking if I'd like to align to original scan, hit yes, reload the scans you want and redo the bite scan. Should keep your design. Make a copy first just in case. Should be fine

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Like Riley said, lol always export the case first to have a backup. There is no way around this, it is a glitch. Best way is to do a standards copy and add a pre op scan to it. Then take the original and copy and append design to scan. Take that appended scan file and import it into the standard copy. This way you have a wax up to follow making it a bit easier.

Otherwise delete the design tree in the original scan rescan the bite and redesign.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. Sevan, I actually searched and found a post you made about this back in the fall. I ended up manually adjusting the articulation. Milling in wax to verify the bite is correct now.