Can I 3D print any tooth library with exocad

M

Malonehan

Reaction score
I'm very new to designing dentures and so I'm trying to gather information. I am using Exocad. I created a denture that was printed base with printed teeth, then selected non scalable teeth in the Kulzer library because that's the mold the Dr. wants.This is a test case, I'm not acutally needing to give this to this Dr. After designing, it only saved the base and not the teeth. Is this because the library does not allow printing? Thanks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not every library can be printed, no. any time you design a prosthetic with Tooth cards, unless it is a specific set of carded teeth you wont be able to print it. for a list, see exocad's wiki.

ref: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://exocad.com/fileadmin/secure_area/exocad_Full_Denture_Libraries_en.pdf

see: Printed Base and Printed Teeth column

M

Malonehan

Reaction score
Thank you so much! That pdf is exactly what I've been needing. I guess theoretically I could make my own tooth library and scan them correct? Tedious, but a work around.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
prosthetic tooth library? not that i know of. crown and pontic library? sure.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I guess theoretically I could make my own tooth library and scan them correct? Tedious, but a work around.
You can make your own with some elbow grease for sure. Make sure your teeth models are closed, similar fashion to the pic, and use the exocad-generic-denture-scalable folder for reference. There must be an editor I suppose, not sure if is available for the end-user.
Untitled.png

K

KWDENTURES

Reaction score
You can make your own with some elbow grease for sure. Make sure your teeth models are closed, similar fashion to the pic, and use the exocad-generic-denture-scalable folder for reference. There must be an editor I suppose, not sure if is available for the end-user.
View attachment 44002
Are you able to walk me through how to do that? I'm looking to scan carded teeth I use so that I can use them in exocad

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what did i type there, go on and read it again.

you can make a crown and bridge tooth/pontic library

you cannot make a prosthetic tooth library

for you say you want to scan tooth cards means you want to make your own prosthetic teeth, which again you can't do. no reseller can do. only exocad and the tooth card manufacturers can do.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Are you able to walk me through how to do that? I'm looking to scan carded teeth I use so that I can use them in exocad
This may be your ticket, I couldn't try because I don't have the license for denture on my setup. It seems it will guide you trough the steps needed, you have to import a sample model setup with with your desired mould. Hope this helps.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom