e.max , one bake and glaze

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Nice Drizz, can you post a pic of build right before going into oven and straight from oven?

I will try next time RilleyS . Most of the times I don't have enough time to have a step-by-step photo shooting . I really want to do this , I will do my best to make this happen !The good thing is that the ''one bake '' technique is time saving !

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I will try next time RilleyS . Most of the times I don't have enough time to have a step-by-step photo shooting . I really want to do this , I will do my best to make this happen !The good thing is that the ''one bake '' technique is time saving !
Thanks, I'm curious to see the finished build and compare to the bake before grinding.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm curious to see the finished build and compare to the bake before grinding.
No problem RilleyS . I bake them a bit larger and then grind a bit , because I don't to miss contact points or have black triangles .

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
Those look great, love the incisal edge! What, in your opinion, is the best emax ceram porcelain for the translucently in incisal edge? I like the opal effects and have played around making my own mixes with neutral/clear, but haven't found a go to method so far.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Those look great, love the incisal edge! What, in your opinion, is the best emax ceram porcelain for the translucently in incisal edge? I like the opal effects and have played around making my own mixes with neutral/clear, but haven't found a go to method so far.

Thank you for the kind comment !!

I love the Opal Effect powders . I make some mixes myself . To give the sense of depth on the incisal , I mix my dentin with some OE4 , 2:1 and use it to cover my frame form the middle almost to the insical . Then I add 50% Neutral to that mix and cover completely my insical . Then I put OE1 to the interproximals , and I make a mix of Violet and OE1 , and this is my main powder for depth . It has a greyish-opal look , but it doesn't lower the value . Just gives depth .

D

Dentalguy1975

Reaction score
I am doing a glaze bake , with a small portion of glaze powder , and after firing I am doing mechanical polish .
Yes but I was curious if you pre rubber wheel or pumice afterward . How do keep the natural looking surface texture without losing the stain?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yes but I was curious if you pre rubber wheel or pumice afterward . How do keep the natural looking surface texture without losing the stain?

I am making the surface as I want it , rubber wheel a bit where I want , make the glaze bake , after the firing I just highlight what I did before . That way I don't loose surface texture or glaze .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Latest case I did with e.max . LT A1 ingot , layered with e.max ceram , one bake and glaze . One crown and one veneer .

Initial situation

Preps

Seated on the model

2 days after cementation

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Beautiful work man! Do you ever have any low value issues with A1 LT?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks Jason !

To be honest , I don't use much of the LT ingots . I prefer MO1 or value . In this case though , I would be in trouble if I didn't go with LT . Overall I don't have many value issues , most of the times . And to be honest , for all the single central stuff I use zirconia and not e.max . I can't do it with e.max . I always have low value . The dreaded ''grayish'' effect .

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Drizzt do you have a pic of your pressed emax core that you don't mind sharing? Please post..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizzt do you have a pic of your pressed emax core that you don't mind sharing? Please post..

I pressed them twice , just in case since I didn't have anything else to press at that ring . I didn't wax up the second pair , an employe did as training , trying to copy my wax up . I will find it and post a pic .

M

meuraqt

Reaction score
One of my favorite threads to follow, and I must say that your surface texture is gorgeous on this case and the others you've shared ... Kudos.