Glidewell - Last case

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Hi guys I just want to show you the result I got back from Glidewell today.
On the rear occasions I were sending them some cases to mill when the Dr asking me to do so (cheaper abutments),this one takes the cake.
No one even bothered to call and let me know that they screwup.
Here is the short video

Gliewell laboratories Titanium Abutment - YouTube

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
That is just a shame to see. Every single person or lab is going to make mistakes but it's what they do about it when it happens. Some like this case for example just try to sweep it under the rug and hope you won't notice, and some like us will do what it takes to make things right no matter what happens! Lol Nicely can confirm that!

I hate that this happened Vadmin! I hope you get credit for this and they take care of it!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This brings a whole new meaning to " cement retained".

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
I just sooo not looking forward to the conversation with the Dr. :(
'
Good one RKM

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just sooo not looking forward to the conversation with the Dr. :(
'
Good one RKM

I would be completely honest with him and send him a link to your video. He needs to know that going cheap has it's consquences.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
"That's just beyond bad" "beyond bad"...yep, that pretty much sums it up!!! Yikes Vadim, I know we all have a bad day but there has to be a courteous call at the VERY LEAST!!!!

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Rob, I just thinking how the hell they stay in business with this kind of work they do, if We would do something like that would be out of business in a few month!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob, I just thinking how the hell they stay in business with this kind of work they do, if We would do something like that would be out of business in a few month!

Oh I know, the sad part in all this is that NOW your lab will have that bad stigma attached to it because of what they did. Shame, we work to hard for this.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
wow, that is soo bad its funny, sorry!

from what you say it sounds like you sent it to GW because the doctor wanted you to, so i guess theres not much he can say about that. What we can say is his getting what he pays for.

This is a good reminder for me as to why i HATE outsourcing anything. Having said that, Biomet 3i have been on top form with their bars for me... so far.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Oh I know, the sad part in all this is that NOW your lab will have that bad stigma attached to it because of what they did. Shame, we work to hard for this.

Exactly. I could care less if someone credits me back for crap like that. Does not mean a thing. I am left to deal with it and suffer the consequences via my account.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
I wish I can do 100% work in the lab but that's not the case, we are outsourcing Titanium(usually Atlantis ) and Zirconia(All goes to 3d milling ) and some time we have a little problems here and there but not like that. Well one day I hope we will be milling everything ourselves as well.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
i dont mill in-house anymore but with the way the costs of cad/cam equipment are dropping, hopefully it will be affordable for you soon.

We have a great Sirona inlab for sale if you want it (joke)

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Exactly, I hope you don't lose your client over this. It leaves doubt in their minds. Credit can't fix that. I hate the evil empire. That video should played at every lecture they do trying to market themselves to dentists. Tom Moore run the video feed for them, followed by a power point lecture on his marketing strategies.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I think that is horrible but did you talk to the people at Glidewell before you made and posted the video? They may not even know that this had happened. That being said, you got your money's worth.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
It shouldn't have been sent out of the lab IMO, but the shipping dept may have had a dropped pan and someone was too scared of losing their job to own up. Some of the people probably haven't a clue about the consequences or the nature of labwork, they're only hired to carry out a simple task. Rushing, and poorly trained staff can cause a variety of messes to sort out every day.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
The EVIL Empire's business model:
20% sales & marketing
20 - 25% materials & cost
50% profit
5 - 10% labor cost - why hire or pay quality techs, when entry level techs & machines can do all the work cheaper!!
Tom Moore likes this plan ;)

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Doug, I did call Glidewell, they called me back in a few hours and after my explanation they offered to remake the model and if the case is wont go well they will remake it. my problem is this is not the first timethat happens I have a serous issue with their work before and like I said the Dr. will have to call the patient take a new impression etc. I'm sure he wont be happy about that. As a small lab I can's afford to loose clients not like Glidewell they dont care if I will come back or not, what upsetting me because of someone irresponsible prick I have to eat it and I'm not talking about money.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The final QC person that gave the OK to send this out needs training thats for sure.

Did the dentist send you an impression with the impression analog in place? If so destroy the model to get the parts back and re-pour the model. If Glidewell did not have this they should have called to inform you the die was broken and the only alternative for them was glue. A lab that big must have a Master of the glue. This would not have been the problem it is if the glue job was done with the technical know how to put this back correctly correctly.

We are in an information age and not using it will come back to bite you. I have the bite marks to prove it.This needed a phone call or a text message for you to call at your convenience or a email with pictures explaining what had happened and what they would needed to fix it. Glidewell just like all of us needs information from the customer when they fall short not a public ass whoopin. What if a dentist did this to something you set them that did not meet their expectations?

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
We denture people have to troubleshoot and be quick on our feet all of the time. If I had that case and deadline i would go to Walmart and get some acetone How to Remove Super Glue With Acetone | eHow.com.
Then after getting all of the glue off and coping removed, glue back together the right way and see if coping still fits. Send to doc for a try in and if all is well then you're good to go. If it doesn't fit you're going to have to fess up..... Most dentists will give you one oopsie.......

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The EVIL Empire's business model:
20% sales & marketing
20 - 25% materials & cost
50% profit
5 - 10% labor cost - why hire or pay quality techs, when entry level techs & machines can do all the work cheaper!!
Tom Moore likes this plan ;)

50% profit? I did better than that when I was a two person doing it all in house but the price was 4 times more. Small Pie Big Slice. Now its Very Large Pie Small Slice for Tom but more money. Thats my plan and I'm sticking to it.