Glidewell - Last case

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
The EVIL Empire's business model:
20% sales & marketing
20 - 25% materials & cost
50% profit
5 - 10% labor cost - why hire or pay quality techs, when entry level techs & machines can do all the work cheaper!!
Tom Moore likes this plan ;)

That's comedy gold right there. This was an interesting way to handle a mistake. How long was the video up before you got a call?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We denture people have to troubleshoot and be quick on our feet all of the time. If I had that case and deadline i would go to Walmart and get some acetone How to Remove Super Glue With Acetone | eHow.com.
Then after getting all of the glue off and coping removed, glue back together the right way and see if coping still fits. Send to doc for a try in and if all is well then you're good to go. If it doesn't fit you're going to have to fess up..... Most dentists will give you one oopsie.......

You make my heart soar a hawk. Denture people make c&b techs look like the bunch of cry babies we are.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
You make my heart soar a hawk. Denture people make c&b techs look like the bunch of cry babies we are.

There's no time to cry..... you just get to work.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
some one intentionally went out of their way to try and fudge that case. that person or several people knew exactly what was going on and what they were doing, how is that a mistake??

it represents a complete breakdown in quality control and communication.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Or someone in shipping dropped it and tried to cover their but and fix it. They are a class act, and this would have been an amateur move. Not everything is a scheme to defraud people. They usually send screen shots, or you send your own designs. There are a lot of checks and balances in that lab. This was a simple mistake.

Thank God I don't have any perfect customers with video cameras and chips on their shoulders.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Pt's and dentists alike try to fix dentures with super glue. Most look like the repair shown because the glue makes an opening. Whoever put the glue on was inexperienced, and they probably didn't know what to do after the fact.The die must have fallen out on the floor after the coping was made and they tried to glue it back together. My guess is that it will fit alright. I wouldn't panic, just clean it up and reglue. a very small dab will do.

PS.... I'd also take offending companies name and video down.

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
My best guess. I think this case went bad when the dentist poured the model without soft tissue. Then, someone at Glidewell screwed the new over contoured abutment onto the model and split the die. It really s---s, I would put some of the blame on the dentist for inappropriate model work. If the model was properly fabricated (with soft tissue) this would likely not have happened. in addition, why did the dentist cut out the die? Totally unnecessary. This is also a factor in having a weaker model section.
Sooo sorry I cant stand dealing with stuff like this.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Ok, first of all you cant find this video in general search on youtube, so the only people who can see it is you. As of the guy with the camera I actually stent behind my work and what my accounts think is important to me. For some labs to loose a few accounts is not a big deal for me is.So if because of some prick with 2 left hands I will potentially loose the account it upsets me. Thanks for the suggestion to retrieve analog and repour the impression, I dont have the impression the Dr poured it. I hope some one upstairs in Glidewell will see it, maybe then they'll start QC their work.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Bob that is exactly whatI think is happened, but they should of called, the dr. is old guy and he did his models all his life I have offered him multiple times to do his models but he refuses. Usually Atlantis mills abutments for us and even with the stone tissue we never had a problem.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The bottom line is that you don't send out crap like that without at least a phone call.

No excuses period! Chip on your shoulder? Mark,please you got to be kidding me! Is this what you call lean manufacturing? Someone standing there with a glue bottle?

Maybe they should glue the damn phone to his head!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
This started with a dentist deciding to do it his way and the lab he sends to not wanting to tell him he is creating problems. Understandable in this economy.

If you would have taken a matrix of the implant area on the model with silicon and then took a round bur and cut back the stone around the analog you just needed put the matrix back on and fill the void with soft tissue material. This would have put you head of this sort of problem.

D

Dzevad

Reaction score
Vadim, this is Dzevad Ceranic, General Manager for Implants at Glidewell Laboratories. Thank you for brining this to our attention. I have looked into the case and I have to admit that we are guilty as charged. At the moment I cannot explain how this case made it past our QC process or why a call was not placed to you explaining the damaged model work. Rest assured, we have already addressed this with our staff and have put in place a means of correcting the problem going forward. I realize this is the second time we have let you down on a case. I will issue you a full credit for this case and I would appreciate the opportunity to make it right for you by doing another abutment and even the final crown at no charge. I regret the frustration you and your dentist have experienced.

Because this case was design digitally we have options to restore this case for you without the need to repour the model. We could provide a printed model with a removable die, a printed solid model and a new abutment with the biotemp crown if you wanted to take this route. Please let us know if this would be something you would like us to do.

Sincerely,
Dzevad Ceranic

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The bottom line is that you don't send out crap like that without at least a phone call.

No excuses period! Chip on your shoulder? Mark,please you got to be kidding me! Is this what you call lean manufacturing? Someone standing there with a glue bottle?

Maybe they should glue the damn phone to his head!

Are you weak from mosquito bites? When you make a inexcusable mistake you say, I'm sorry please let me make amends. That's what they did.

Had a office call this morning and the lady was in a huff and being very belligerent looking for a case. I got the name looked it up found the tracking number and told her it was sent last Thursday and was signed for by XX XX on last Friday morning. Long silence then a sheepish I signed for it, sorry for the call. I better get to looking. People make mistakes.

I beginnig to believe its more about Glidewell and even Mark than this glue job.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Vadim, Let's not throw Left-handed people under the bus now. I'm left-handed and resemble that comment. :)

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Doug, I'm sorry, I meant all thumbs... I guess it does not come across the same in translation about 2 left hands (Im left handed as well by the way)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Vadim, this is Dzevad Ceranic, General Manager for Implants at Glidewell Laboratories. Thank you for brining this to our attention. I have looked into the case and I have to admit that we are guilty as charged. At the moment I cannot explain how this case made it past our QC process or why a call was not placed to you explaining the damaged model work. Rest assured, we have already addressed this with our staff and have put in place a means of correcting the problem going forward. I realize this is the second time we have let you down on a case. I will issue you a full credit for this case and I would appreciate the opportunity to make it right for you by doing another abutment and even the final crown at no charge. I regret the frustration you and your dentist have experienced.

Because this case was design digitally we have options to restore this case for you without the need to repour the model. We could provide a printed model with a removable die, a printed solid model and a new abutment with the biotemp crown if you wanted to take this route. Please let us know if this would be something you would like us to do.

Sincerely,
Dzevad Ceranic

This is reason you guys play the game at a level most of us have a problem understanding.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Had an empty box sent from Glidewell once that was supposed to have a Zr coping in it.. Call them, 'oh sorry well send that right out' .. they certainly did... but it wasnt the coping to my case... :confused:

Its a wonder that this is what the townies vote for as the best lab in the country.. their work may be crap, but the marketing materials are top notch.. This is the problem with any large lab, too many hands on one case.. too much confusion.. too many chances to drop the ball.. but gluing an abutment to the model.. wow.. not calling to mention it happened.. unforgivable.. you have been CHOPPED!

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Hello Dzevad,
Thank you for your response, I will be out of the office tomorrow but I would like to speak to you on Monday.