Glidewell - Last case

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
More like cover your clASS act..
I bet they have people full time on the phones that do nothing but apologize for these kinda things

True, so does every big business, or at least they should. Would you rather they just brush it under the rug?

Stepping in sh!t happens, how you wipe it off your shoes is an art form.

I think they are stepping up to the plate, offering real options and to a client that obviously will not be missed based on his own description. I like what happened here today, now wether it would have been handled this well with just a phone call and not posted on a public forum, who knows.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I doubt Vadim would of got the GM if he didn't take the time to post. However, in Glidewell's defense I do like the idea of printing up the model, making a new abutment and biotemp. To me, that would help and might just save the day/Dentist. I just wouldn't have asked, just do it, next day it to Vadim and for the love of anything holy CALL HIM and tell him what you're doing.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
True, so does every big business, or at least they should. Would you rather they just brush it under the rug?

Stepping in sh!t happens, how you wipe it off your shoes is an art form.

I think they are stepping up to the plate, offering real options and to a client that obviously will not be missed based on his own description. I like what happened here today, now wether it would have been handled this well with just a phone call and not posted on a public forum, who knows.

Well this is exactly what i mean.. Every big business has people to cover the mistakes, They must for the sake of reputation and name recognition.. A few posts like this could put a very small dent in their business.. With the name recognition they have they cant allow things like this to slip by without a response.. Why do you think it was replied to publicly and not with a call to the lab owner. Ball has already been dropped. This industry is based on details and customer service. Large labs cant compete on these things consistently so they have the Roomba on patrol to sweep up the mess like a good little robot.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Tom, hind sight is 20/20 :)
No worries fellas, I'm planing to win the next powerball! After that I wont have to deal with teeth anymore! ;)

This started with a dentist deciding to do it his way and the lab he sends to not wanting to tell him he is creating problems. Understandable in this economy.

If you would have taken a matrix of the implant area on the model with silicon and then took a round bur and cut back the stone around the analog you just needed put the matrix back on and fill the void with soft tissue material. This would have put you head of this sort of problem.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Tom, hind sight is 20/20 :)
No worries fellas, I'm planing to win the next powerball! After that I wont have to deal with teeth anymore! ;)

If your going to live like Jim Glidewell one of those $350 million power balls wins will not cut it. His jets and boats are worth more than you would end up with after the split for a cash out and the taxes.

I'm always amazed at the animosity he gets from the rank and file of our industry.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If your going to live like Jim Glidewell one of those $350 million power balls wins will not cut it. His jets and boats are worth more than you would end up with after the split for a cash out and the taxes.

I'm always amazed at the animosity he gets from the rank and file of our industry.

I dont know that animosity is the right word.. this is about reputation.. Bigger the rep, the more your expected to get the small details right. This is like McDonalds forgetting to put the patty on your quarter pounder... wheres the beef?? Techs respect other techs that can get the job done.. what good is a lab that sends out a case with an empty crown box or glues an abutment to the model. All the jets and boats and money mean jack to me. Although like I said, I respect their marketing program.. but this is a results-based industry. Show me the work, not the money!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are you weak from mosquito bites? When you make a inexcusable mistake you say, I'm sorry please let me make amends. That's what they did.

Had a office call this morning and the lady was in a huff and being very belligerent looking for a case. I got the name looked it up found the tracking number and told her it was sent last Thursday and was signed for by XX XX on last Friday morning. Long silence then a sheepish I signed for it, sorry for the call. I better get to looking. People make mistakes.

I beginnig to believe its more about Glidewell and even Mark than this glue job.

There's a difference between making a mistake and deliberately sending something back that is effed up. Glidewell means nothing to me up here

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score

The bigger you getting, more responsibility you have. Cannot keep you quality standards, result losing market-share, little by little. Look at Apple or Ivoclar company's as a success story. It is not how you gonna live in retirement Tom as individual,it is what legacy you will live after you are gone.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Success has very different meanings to different people.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
What bothers me is Glidewell's team listened to the problem said it was thier fault and offered a solution that included a free case but for some that was not enough.

The responsibility is not different just much harder because of the size of the lab, the number of people involved and the case volume. If you only QC 10 units a day that you made, have more than a job stake in the lab and charge more money thats where there should never be a problem.

As for the Canadian...they don't want your wampum with girlie pictures on it.:D

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The bigger you getting, more responsibility you have. Cannot keep you quality standards, result losing market-share, little by little. Look at Apple or Ivoclar company's as a success story. It is not how you gonna live in retirement Tom as individual,it is what legacy you will live after you are gone.

You don't see Glidewell's lab as a success story? As for retirement and a legacy its both and one is not exclusive of the other.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This is what happens when your reputation is dependent on another lab.. learn from your (or gw's) mistakes.. if its a problem, find someone else.. there is no shortage of outsource labs in the US. Although I maybe dogged GW, I have used them for many zr frames, and they were generally no better or worse than any other lab.. If you want quality and great service stick with smaller labs and pay the higher price. If you want to be the best and the biggest then BE the best... this means keep remakes and errors IN HOUSE.. this is what I was taught.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What bothers me is Glidewell's team listened to the problem said it was thier fault and offered a solution that included a free case but for some that was not enough.

Yeah, That's like going to a chain restaurant and getting a toenail in your food. I'm probably not going to have much of an appetite after that. :hungry:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Walmart will have a legacy, some think its terrible brining in cheap chinese goods and sacrificing US manuf. jobs, others think providing jobs is great.. Legacy is different to different people.
Nobody is perfect, no company is perfect.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

The responsibility is not different just much harder because of the size of the lab, the number of people involved and the case volume. If you only QC 10 units a day that you made, have more than a job stake in the lab and charge more money thats where there should never be a problem.

As for the Canadian...they don't want your wampum with girlie pictures on it.:D

You don't think a women is worthy to be the head of the British Commonwealth Tom? Your forefathers felated the head of the King of France and your President bows to the King of SA. :moony:

Last edited:
French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Vive le Quebec libre ..... :p

Heureusement que Glidwell n'est pas la vitrine du savoir faire Américain ... :(

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
its glidwell.. is anyone surprised??

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
So this is how it will go:

I had a conversation with the doctor and I told him that the model was broken
without pointing a finger at anybody. It is my business and that means I am responsible. I don't believe in giving excuses and blaming some one else for the mistakes that happen on my watch.
The solution I have offered: Dr. will place abutment in the patients mouth, retake the impression with the abutment in place and then we will build the crown on the stone replica of the abutment.

As for Glidewell, I will decline their generous offer to print the model and remill the abutment. It was really nice of them to make the offer.

If my solution works, I will pay Glidewell for the abutment we use. Gold digging is not my thing and getting a free abutment is not what I was looking for.

I will remove the video on Monday. It is not in my mission to bring bad publicity to Glidewell, what I wanted was to increase awareness since this is not the first time this has happened and us small labs rely on quality when we need to partner with other labs.

Thank you all who took a part in this discussion supporting my side or opposing it.

Hope all of you will have a great weekend.

Top Bottom