How can i go overseas

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
I have a milling center right now in El Salvador, i want it to expand it to united states, whats things shouldnt i considered, how do i start, Any advice for me?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why do you want to expand here? There are plenty of milling centers and many labs own their own gear. I would imagine there are other places it would be more profitable.

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
Becouse i have moré competitive prices, plus its near my geographical area, and people there have scanners, which in other countries don't

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Do what you want, but I- for one - wouldn't risk the potential shipping snafus to save a few sheckels on on item I can probably get milled next door...

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I thought going overseas from El Salvador would be Europe, Asia or Africa not the AmericasDeal:D.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
From my understanding when you say overseas it means you have to cross oceans to be overseas.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Milling center prices in the US are pretty low already but the big thing is turnaround time.

G

Gal

Reaction score
Jarmw89,

As it seems, people here are afraid of competition.

Unfortunately, I think thatT you won't find any overwhelming positive comments here...

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I have a milling center right now in El Salvador, i want it to expand it to united states, whats things shouldnt i considered, how do i start, Any advice for me?

It's not so easy to just say you want to do business with the US, you will have to deal with each states law individually. Some are more strict than others. You'll need to contact the dental board in each state you want to do business in to see what the regulations are.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
Jarmw89,

As it seems, people here are afraid of competition.

Unfortunately, I think thatT you won't find any overwhelming positive comments here...

Competition is great - but when the scales are tipped by currency manipulation and what is pretty much slave labor that is not competition.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
To start a buisness in USA as a noncitizen you will need a H1B visa, as dental lab technology has been declared unskilled labor you cannot be sponsored to enter as a dental lab technician. (L1 visa).
You can set a corporation as a nonresident, but would have to hire us technicians to operator, and use a legal service to insure compliance, you will need to contact each state board to be granted permission as a non resident corporation.
As a non resident corporation, you should expect to have FDA, and local health board inspections.
Just as US companies experience when opening in other countries.
But here is an interesting show on immigration.
http://americaswebradio.com/the-immigration-hour/

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
These people here think that they are all Apaches and Comanches or natives of some sort.o_O

Texas's fist illegals where red river swimmers from the north not the people from the south. Eviltongue

Come on in. There are already labs in central and south America that import to the north. ;)

Same time zones so communications with North America are in real time. Beer

Great work will sell here no matter where it is made.:artist.png: But price is a bitch.:mad:

A word of caution China and our countries are selling FCZ in the US for $35 to $45 dollars. That's where this industry seems to be headed

Last edited:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Gotta love the race to the bottom. I charge $160 for fcz but only work with dds that appreciate quality ceramics. All three of them.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
dude you are asking the competition how you can take business away from them what did you think was going to happen

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You know technically if your in El Salvador you could label it as made by "Americans"

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They have aligators and crocs there....nuff said

images
don't do it!!!

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
It may seem like an easy proposition to sell to the US, as pointed out above the issues are many and it may be easier to go closer to home...if you make the jump to USA you'd be a small fish in a very big pond with many huge fish already established that have more marketing dollars, faster shipping and local market brand recognition(big companies like Red Bull, Coke and Pepsi spend billions for this).

If your local clients don't have scanners then find a way to equip them with one so they send files to you...build, buy or partner with a scanner company.

The grass probably isn't any greener on the other side of the border and your efforts might be better spent in your local market