Zirconia Ceramic beads

S

Scott Raab

Reaction score
I just bought a Zubler sintering oven and I am using the ceramic beads that came with it. I am noticing white spots on the Zirconia after it is sintered. It seems like the balls are causing them . Did anybody ever have this problem? Is it the beads?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
old issue with multiple threads and few straight answers that always fit.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Never had this problem with the Zr beads I get from Quackenbush. I don't see how the beads could cause them as they are already sintered. What kind of Zr? That's seems more likely, it could be bad spots or if you get it wet or water splashes on it before coloring? My 2 Cents

R

richgreen

Reaction score
Had an experience with a lab where they were having same problem. they switched beads and problem disappeared.Just FYI. Speculating it has something to do with bead manufacturer.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, which I could be, but doesn't Zubler have 2 different types of beads?
Give them a call and see if they do, and will ship you the other version.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I just bought a Zubler sintering oven and I am using the ceramic beads that came with it. I am noticing white spots on the Zirconia after it is sintered. It seems like the balls are causing them . Did anybody ever have this problem? Is it the beads?
Cheap beads, use whipmix.