Zir Monolithic Bridges

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Thanks Sevan. Guess things have moved on a bit.

With the Cercon and Inlab systems we have you tend to waste ZR when doing bridges.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks Sevan. Guess things have moved on a bit.

With the Cercon and Inlab systems we have you tend to waste ZR when doing bridges.

Oh dear God, Cerec and Cercon are ZR waste machines. The open milling machines are the best way to go better nesting in higher volume for sure.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Nice pics John! Are you going to layer porcelain on the incisals of that bridge or is it monolithic?

A

ApexDM

Reaction score
We charge the same as single units for 2-3 unit bridges. We charge a premium for 4+ unit bridges or Maryland bridges. They take longer to scan and design if we're designing it. Even if we're just milling it from an e-file, we charge more because the big ones usually have to go in taller disks, and there's always a greater risk of having to remill the larger bridges (or Marylands) for one reason or another vs. singles.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nice pics John! Are you going to layer porcelain on the incisals of that bridge or is it monolithic?

Mono-zi no cutback, it's a freebie charity case I am doing for a handicap man that is in need.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Brett , you should change the libray you're using . Try the Merz artegal BM . It is so musch better .The library you used for that bridge is the DW standard right ? I also have DW and I am using the Merz BM library almost in every case where I don't copy the anatomy of the natural tooth . Dental Wings sucks , but if you try another library you'll get much better results .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...906500.-2207520000.1374081323.&type=3&theater

For this I used the BM as a base and after that the add/remove function .

Drizzt, totally agree that is the library I use also.

Brett. My guess its mostly DWOS. PITA. I'm sure there are always things we can do to improve what we do. But I'm saving my dimes for Exocad or what ever is best when I get there.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizzt, totally agree that is the library I use also.

Brett. My guess its mostly DWOS. PITA. I'm sure there are always things we can do to improve what we do. But I'm saving my dimes for Exocad or what ever is best when I get there.

I am on the same road . Hopefuly in a couple of months I will get my new scanner . It is funny , when I talk with Dental Wings guys , I find that they are in denial . I am telling them about all the problems I am dealing in my everyday life with this system , I am showing them the problems , and still they claim that '' Our software is the best '' . They start acting like the cerec guys IMO . Not a good sign .

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We will be investing in a new scanner in the next few months also. Exocad sounds like the best option right now. I have stopped calling DW for tech help. I just figure out a way around the problems I encounter and learn to live with the lack of memory and the frequent system crashes.

J

JackyBee

Reaction score
When building full contours with 3 shape I would minimize and almost ignore the connectors and just overlap the contact circles between the crowns/pontics.

this is what i do. i feel it's easier to make a nice looking single snuggly next to another, and then turn off the connectors all together. when it's in the final, connected bridge design, then i smooth down or add to the entire unit as i need to.

and yes, i would change your anatomy library. we have created our own (we are on 3Shape),because the stock libraries aren't nearly as detailed as we'd like. also they seem oddly skewed. and there's no way we are purchasing the bruxzir library (though i do like it).

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Charging a bite more for bridges is to me more about the fact if a single will not work its a single unit remake but if one tooth on a bridge goes south you get to remake more units for one crown not working. This extra should be for the higher expertise it takes to make bridges and insurance for when there is a problem.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_COM_130724_2_SC_ST4fe2c4e901cec85a9f45c677cf03c8bf.png[/URL]

Here is a bridge I just finished designing Brett . I think it looks ok . Candulor library , and then I used the add/remove function .
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_COM_130724_2_SC_ST4fe2c4e901cec85a9f45c677cf03c8bf.png