Will Atlantis screw retained Zirc framework?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Yea I know they will, but will they mill me framework that is cemented to a tit interface????

I need to build a 3 unit screw retained PFZ bridge...
But the doctor wants a titanium interface...
And thats all the metal he wants, no more metal than that so dont suggest the obvious alternatives...
THX
Oh and i dont think the lab owner would be too interested in sending the case to an unknown milling center, cause im sure 100 of you can do it for me...

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
What are you considering unknown milling center? Someone like Atlantis in size?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
LOL, a center that the lab owner hasnt familiarized himself with...
Or someone like glidewell, sure they build anything you want, but im certain the owner doesnt want to send anything to wal mart.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Lol I guess that count's me out!

I don't know what about CAP?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Lol I guess that count's me out!

I don't know what about CAP?

I was just looking at thier website and its possible, but i didnt see them offering cement retaining tit interfaces bonded to zirc frame work non engaging bridges...
Ya know...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of that tit interface?:eyebrows:

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of that tit interface?:eyebrows:

No, i visited with one of our doctors across the street this afternoon and he showed me a case another lab built where they cemented some zirc framwork to some UCLA's they built. He wasnt happy that they didnt follow his directions. He wants a PFZ screw retained bridge. But the only metal he wants to see is the tit interface... If it werent for the cemented interface I could send it anywhere I want... But Im guessing most milling centers dont want to bother with the cementable interface part...
I only have an MXCL and can only build single screw retained crowns on the MESO blocks...

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Yea I know they will, but will they mill me framework that is cemented to a tit interface????

I need to build a 3 unit screw retained PFZ bridge...
But the doctor wants a titanium interface...
And thats all the metal he wants, no more metal than that so dont suggest the obvious alternatives...
THX
Oh and i dont think the lab owner would be too interested in sending the case to an unknown milling center, cause im sure 100 of you can do it for me...

This is sounding like an Izir style bridge from CAP. They use NT trading components. One piece is torqued into the implant and the bridge, which has a ti sleeve bonded to it get torqued into the other piece. Just like using a multi abutment from Atlantis or Straumann. If you want I've done them in the past before I had NT trading where I would use cementable abutments(with the screw abutment one piece) scan those as abutments and create the bridge ontop of that. Using 3Shape I can place holes through my restoration that are close in diameter to that of the screw channel on the abutment. Then mill, ream out the hole, sinter, and fit. Then bond the bridge to the abutments. It's a bit more work, and a lot more expensive. Hope any of my rambling helped!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
This is sounding like an Izir style bridge from CAP. They use NT trading components. One piece is torqued into the implant and the bridge, which has a ti sleeve bonded to it get torqued into the other piece. Just like using a multi abutment from Atlantis or Straumann. If you want I've done them in the past before I had NT trading where I would use cementable abutments(with the screw abutment one piece) scan those as abutments and create the bridge ontop of that. Using 3Shape I can place holes through my restoration that are close in diameter to that of the screw channel on the abutment. Then mill, ream out the hole, sinter, and fit. Then bond the bridge to the abutments. It's a bit more work, and a lot more expensive. Hope any of my rambling helped!

Seat the interfaces and scan as abutments and hand mill the hole in green, hmmm...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Scan them as a coping not an abutment unless you have scan bodies.

If you have scan bodies then you design as an abutment.

I scan ti bases all the time. "tit" bases require more handling and permission......

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Scan them as a coping not an abutment unless you have scan bodies.

If you have scan bodies then you design as an abutment.

I scan ti bases all the time. "tit" bases require more handling and permission......

Thats what I mean, scan them as if they were natural abutments.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob from CAP here. We are doing a lot of screw retained zirconia. From single tooth replacement to 14 unit bridges. We will be holding an educational event on May 3rd. The program will be a full day.
We are using NT Trading FDA cleared titanium components. These components are non engaging for bridgework and enable connecting of implants with up to 30 degrees of divergence. Here are some photos. In the photo of the implants assembly the center component is the titanium insert that is cemented into the final restoration. The bridge has the abutment screwed into the zirconia bridge. Or, the full component assembly. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call in the morning 877-977-7889.
Hope this helps.

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Bob from CAP here. We are doing a lot of screw retained zirconia. From single tooth replacement to 14 unit bridges. We will be holding an educational event on May 3rd. The program will be a full day.
We are using NT Trading FDA cleared titanium components. These components are non engaging for bridgework and enable connecting of implants with up to 30 degrees of divergence. Here are some photos. In the photo of the implants assembly the center component is the titanium insert that is cemented into the final restoration. The bridge has the abutment screwed into the zirconia bridge. Or, the full component assembly. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call in the morning 877-977-7889.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 5224 View attachment 5225

Thanks Bob, I will inquire about this to the doctor that was asking and the lab owner here, maybe we can send you something...

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Here's a little more info. You need to work with a implant system that has a matching digital library. No reaming out parts after milling. By doing so, you obtain the correct screw access hole diameter and a perfect fit between the titanium insert and the zirconia framework.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Here's a little more info. You need to work with a implant system that has a matching digital library. No reaming out parts after milling. By doing so, you obtain the correct screw access hole diameter and a perfect fit between the titanium insert and the zirconia framework.
View attachment 5226
Exactly why scanning the interfaces as natural abut's is very likely not an option in this particular lab im working it. The owner likes to do things right no matter the cost.
Nice pic, man I miss nesting in sum 3d and building custom strategies for large cases like that... Tiny steps at high spindle speeds and slow axis speeds in the finishing manuvers in the internal finish,,, all that good stuff when milling abut's and the like...

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Exactly why scanning the interfaces as natural abut's is very likely not an option in this particular lab im working it. The owner likes to do things right no matter the cost....

One of the great things about this system is the cost. The complete 2 CONnect 3 part assembly is very affordable. What's amazing is how much we pay the implant manufacturers for their abutments, screws and cylinders. With NT trading we have a digital solution and precision titanium components at a very reasonable cost.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I totally agree with Bob,

I jumped in the deep end head first with my first "two connect" case, AND it was probably the only splinted case that has been done with eng and non end parts. I outlined it in a thread here on the network.

Bob and his team were great to work with and my client was thrilled with using an abutment for this non eng/eng case. I feel this is a practical approach, it takes a lot of load off cases that are milled straight to the table of the fixture (Procera PIB's) and thus the screw is is not the only thing holding it on and protecting against deflection.

Parts are so consistent, I have 4 full arches in the works now and shopping for another mill :)

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I just took a look at the catalog from cap showing this CONnect system... Very interesting. I will inquire about this further in the coming days with an account and the lab owner.

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
The good thing is you can also do it with emax. the only negative side of this Technic is once you cement this ti abutment with zir. or emax you can't go back in the furnace for color or add ons. You have to separate the cemented parts and then do your corections.