Who would do what

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Just did one of these yesterday. How much extra do you charge to remove soft liners..? Im thinking what I charge isnt enough..
Mine always do it themselves because 1) They did it & 2) I won't undo it for free.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Reaction score
View attachment 40809
I can’t keep dong this garbage and having my name associated with it. Haha. Also need to eat though. Impression so inadequate I wouldn’t even suggest making a tray on it. Doc wants to use this as master for imm fd. I think I’m being too humble with these docs to the point that I’ve lost their respect. When I don’t know something I say ‘I don’t know but I will research that.’ Almost like they’d rather me lie and act like a used car salesman. I’ve suggested accudent system multiple times. But since it’s a suggestion coming from me it must be a bad idea. Rant over. Lol. Chrimeny.

No Comment... :(

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Just did one of these yesterday. How much extra do you charge to remove soft liners..? Im thinking what I charge isnt enough..
I just up charge the whole thing as a rebase, basically same charge as process/finish. I still make money off of them, just wish the pt was getting a little more for their money.

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
Docs be like, make extra retention please.

Attachments

• 20220310_104039.jpg
    20220310_104039.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 32
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Docs be like, make extra retention please.
That's a perfect case for 6 implants, a 3 hader clip bar with 2 locators welded on the end. Then a milled substructure to house the attachments. Then a very thin veneer of acrylic and 3mm tall fingernail teeth all buccally inverted so it will constantly break off every 3-6 months for a repair bill.

B

Bonter

Reaction score
First mark your cast with red pencil the deficient areas. Then take photographs. Send to office if they wish to proceed. Make them say yay or nay. With this case, they'll 95% say proceed. Then in 2 weeks when they want a reline cuz it never fit right, you recall the data, and charge them full price. And make sure your reline fee is high enough. $200 ought to do it.
Bravo! I do it all the time. And 200$? For reline? You must to be in the last century with todays supplies prices

B

Bonter

Reaction score
That's a perfect case for 6 implants, a 3 hader clip bar with 2 locators welded on the end. Then a milled substructure to house the attachments. Then a very thin veneer of acrylic and 3mm tall fingernail teeth all buccally inverted so it will constantly break off every 3-6 months for a repair bill.
Hi im new to the forum.. It seems since its just an immediate denture, everything you need is there other than the lingual area, which he obviously missed.
The Drs usually cut the the denture down around the periphery to add a soft lining for more adequate comfort. I would add some baseplate wax in that area, and replicate what he missed with base plate wax. Then pour. That mylohyoid ridge area is important, in the final denture, but for the imm,,, i wouldnt sweat it. Your good!
No he is not good. Any shortcut beats you up back. If they want good job they have to try harder

B

Bonter

Reaction score
Love it

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Bravo! I do it all the time. And 200$? For reline? You must to be in the last century with todays supplies prices
If you are billing over $200 for reline, then good for you. Keep up the good work. I add $50 for same day service.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How much could supply prices have risen to justify a $200 reline to a Dr? Its only acrylic and stone, it cant cost more than $5 to do a reline.. Im just wondering how you sell that to a Dr... Maybe big city prices? Im at $150 for a same day reline, I could charge more I guess, but they arent gold plated.. Hmmmm2 Most other labs in the area charge half what I do, from what Ive heard.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
How much could supply prices have risen to justify a $200 reline to a Dr? Its only acrylic and stone, it cant cost more than $5 to do a reline.. Im just wondering how you sell that to a Dr... Maybe big city prices? Im at $150 for a same day reline, I could charge more I guess, but they arent gold plated.. Hmmmm2 Most other labs in the area charge half what I do, from what Ive heard.
i dont know about $5 to do a reline, but 200 does seem steep

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
You can't just factor in the material cost....you have labor and pick up and delivery in there too. $200 is fair for same day/next day price, I'm raising my price close to that too.
$75 reline, you kinda get what you pay for. (which is unfair to the patient, they always suffer the most)

B

Bonter

Reaction score
You can't just factor in the material cost....you have labor and pick up and delivery in there too. $200 is fair for same day/next day price, I'm raising my price close to that too.
$75 reline, you kinda get what you pay for. (which is unfair to the patient, they always suffer the most)
Right! And if you do cold cured in the jig? We process relines all night and it is a different story.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Right! And if you do cold cured in the jig? We process relines all night and it is a different story.
We do Ivocap injection relines, but to do them in one day we have to have them in house by 10. We also have started to have them schedule them ahead of time.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
That's just it. I don't have to justify. I just set a price based on my ability and do it. But I made a thread on this before. I'm afraid to ask what some of you are charging for dentures cuz you might make more money mowing yards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom