Who would do what

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
How much could supply prices have risen to justify a $200 reline to a Dr? Its only acrylic and stone, it cant cost more than $5 to do a reline.. Im just wondering how you sell that to a Dr... Maybe big city prices? Im at $150 for a same day reline, I could charge more I guess, but they arent gold plated.. Hmmmm2 Most other labs in the area charge half what I do, from what Ive heard.
Yeah supplies don't have much to do with it. I'm not selling a line item product. I'm selling my time. And to me, my time and skill, especially compared to my competitors, is $200.

PVC is pretty cheap, but your gonna pay big money if you hire a plumber to plumb a new bathroom. Is a plumber of greater and a less plentiful skill set than you??? I don't think so.

I think some made a joke about #antiwork. No.... I'm #pro-getting-paid.

$150s not bad. If "other labs" are half, you must be doing something right, and they are waiting to close the doors.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I charge $135 for same day hard lab reline and patient/Doc or Docs Staff have to bring it to me, days of picking up and delivery are over. I make my money at the bench. Is that too much or not enough? It's enough for my lab to be profitable and that truly is what the business side of me is happy with.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I charge $135 for same day hard lab reline and patient/Doc or Docs Staff have to bring it to me, days of picking up and delivery are over. I make my money at the bench. Is that too much or not enough? It's enough for my lab to be profitable and that truly is what the business side of me is happy with.
is the rest of your caseload shipped in? how else are you getting work?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Aeration is where the big bucks are.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We still do pick up and delivery, but have raised our prices to combat fuel and supply prices being increased.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
is the rest of your caseload shipped in? how else are you getting work?
I'm 90% digital these days...I stopped taking on new analog Docs about a year and half ago. That goes for fixed and removable, first question I ask a new Doc is what scanner you have? ...no scanner, call me back when you do have one.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We still do pick up and delivery, but have raised our prices to combat fuel and supply prices being increased.
I thought about that but I'm pretty rural (remember, I'm your favorite wood tick?) so it made sense and kept me out of the driver seat on the road and in the driver seat at the bench. I imagine if I had a bunch of clients within 15 miles I would probably have to rethink that but my closest dentist is 30 miles away, most are out of state.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
i dont know about $5 to do a reline, but 200 does seem steep
I think my post was misunderstood because I didnt quote. I was replying to 'You must to be in the last century with todays supplies prices'

I wasnt talking about labor, gas, etc. only 'supply prices' .. Has acrylic gone up dramatically in the last century? Stone? GC acrylic is about $1.29 for 10gr .. which is enough to do a reline. Stone might be about the same cost.

In fact its quite possible, I make more on a 20 min heat cure at $150, than leaving them boil all night at $200.. what with the skyrocketing energy prices..

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm 90% digital these days...I stopped taking on new analog Docs about a year and half ago. That goes for fixed and removable, first question I ask a new Doc is what scanner you have? ...no scanner, call me back when you do have one.
what about the other 10%? UPS/FedEx? inbound and outbound?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
what about the other 10%? UPS/FedEx? inbound and outbound?
UPS inbound/outbound...ups has a distribution center nearby so we are first dropped off and last picked up. I have nothing wrong with FedEx either, but there closest distribution center is about 80 miles away. Also, post office has just become unreliable, to say the least....kind of like our current administration (oops, did I say that out loud)?

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
How bout this one. How would a guy easily clean light rust/corrosion off of 10 hanau articulators? I want to set them next to my wood console tv. So. Need them shiny.

E

ExoEmil

Reaction score
First mark your cast with red pencil the deficient areas. Then take photographs. Send to office if they wish to proceed. Make them say yay or nay. With this case, they'll 95% say proceed. Then in 2 weeks when they want a reline cuz it never fit right, you recall the data, and charge them full price. And make sure your reline fee is high enough. $200 ought to do it.
First mark your cast with red pencil the deficient areas. Then take photographs. Send to office if they wish to proceed. Make them say yay or nay. With this case, they'll 95% say proceed. Then in 2 weeks when they want a reline cuz it never fit right, you recall the data, and charge them full price. And make sure your reline fee is high enough. $200 ought to do it.
I think this is definitely the best way to deal with drs like this. Removable or fixed, it costs just about nothing to quickly photograph and document and make the office give the green light.

Top Bottom