Who would do what

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
image.jpg
I can’t keep dong this garbage and having my name associated with it. Haha. Also need to eat though. Impression so inadequate I wouldn’t even suggest making a tray on it. Doc wants to use this as master for imm fd. I think I’m being too humble with these docs to the point that I’ve lost their respect. When I don’t know something I say ‘I don’t know but I will research that.’ Almost like they’d rather me lie and act like a used car salesman. I’ve suggested accudent system multiple times. But since it’s a suggestion coming from me it must be a bad idea. Rant over. Lol. Chrimeny.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
View attachment 40809
I can’t keep dong this garbage and having my name associated with it. Haha. Also need to eat though. Impression so inadequate I wouldn’t even suggest making a tray on it. Doc wants to use this as master for imm fd. I think I’m being too humble with these docs to the point that I’ve lost their respect. When I don’t know something I say ‘I don’t know but I will research that.’ Almost like they’d rather me lie and act like a used car salesman. I’ve suggested accudent system multiple times. But since it’s a suggestion coming from me it must be a bad idea. Rant over. Lol. Chrimeny.
I'd send it back.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Since it is an imm. denture that is going to go thru tissue conditioning or a soft reline, a lot of Drs do not take a decent impression because it is temp and then will be thrown away later. I had my share of those too.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think I’m being too humble with these docs to the point that I’ve lost their respect.
This is the problem and the solution. I think were all guilty of that, but Im telling you, youd be amazed how much respect you can gain when you put your foot down. And always have another relationship on deck for when they cant handle the rejection.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
First mark your cast with red pencil the deficient areas. Then take photographs. Send to office if they wish to proceed. Make them say yay or nay. With this case, they'll 95% say proceed. Then in 2 weeks when they want a reline cuz it never fit right, you recall the data, and charge them full price. And make sure your reline fee is high enough. $200 ought to do it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
always make the call and give them the option.....then if there is an issue, you have the high ground AND can charge for the remake.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
When I don’t know something I say ‘I don’t know but I will research that.’ Almost like they’d rather me lie and act like a used car salesman.
My experience is they want you to make the call so they can blame you for the failures. Don't take the bait!

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
My experience is they want you to make the call so they can blame you for the failures. Don't take the bait!
exactly - don't take the bait

set up protocols with all your office this still wont alleviate all issues but at least it gives you a leg to stand on with most

L

Leo C

Reaction score
Hi im new to the forum.. It seems since its just an immediate denture, everything you need is there other than the lingual area, which he obviously missed.
The Drs usually cut the the denture down around the periphery to add a soft lining for more adequate comfort. I would add some baseplate wax in that area, and replicate what he missed with base plate wax. Then pour. That mylohyoid ridge area is important, in the final denture, but for the imm,,, i wouldnt sweat it. Your good!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Hi im new to the forum.. It seems since its just an immediate denture, everything you need is there other than the lingual area, which he obviously missed.
The Drs usually cut the the denture down around the periphery to add a soft lining for more adequate comfort. I would add some baseplate wax in that area, and replicate what he missed with base plate wax. Then pour. That mylohyoid ridge area is important, in the final denture, but for the imm,,, i wouldnt sweat it. Your good!
And charge full fee for the reline when requested.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
May the snark be with you.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Welcome Leo....yeah it's so obvious he should have taken the extra 5 minutes and $2 to retake another. The assistants usually do more adjusting than the Dr, so why not trust them to know what an overextension is.

Instead of faking in with wax, I prefer the photograph, Pass Go and collect $200. If your gonna work, get paid for it.

People only learn to do better when it costs them money.

Last edited:
L

Leo C

Reaction score
Great idea about the photograph, lets them know what NOT to do next time....!! Thank you for welcoming me in.......!!

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
248EF1F6-52B4-43A9-A7D6-FF24365AB0BA.jpegYayyy. Now let’s rebuild this whole denture and call it a reline.

L

Leo C

Reaction score
View attachment 40837Yayyy. Now let’s rebuild this whole denture and call it a reline.
wow... missed it by that much LOL..
Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just did one of these yesterday. How much extra do you charge to remove soft liners..? Im thinking what I charge isnt enough..

L

Leo C

Reaction score
Just did one of these yesterday. How much extra do you charge to remove soft liners..? Im thinking what I charge isnt enough..
What i normally do is charge for a rebase instead of a reline.. Tons more work..

Top Bottom