Whip Mix now selling Asiga Pro 2 Printer

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this machine? The specs can be found on their website. The good points are that WM will be developing their own resin for this system in a few different colors. Not especially large build plate but possibly enough for four vertical full arches or possibly eight quads. A cycle or two a day would produce all the models we need. Not thrilled about "model less" crowns as much information about contour, emergence, texture etc. is lost without a model. Not into competing with the race to the bottom, still many willing to pay for higher quality CAD/CAM.

We have a couple of accounts that have IO scanners and few more that will probably buy one next year. I just can't standing sending out for models and the lack of control. We have done a number of implant cases with IO scans and the results have been favorable....except for waiting for models from Dreve or some other manufacture. It is a pain trying to accommodate all of the different scanners and associated software.

I should be getting a sample print in a few days. I would be much more confident promoting our services to other IO scanner clients if we had our own model printer.

Comments?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I like what I see with Form Labs 2. The sample they sent is very nice but I haven't checked the fit yet.
I may send them a file to print for me.

I've been using Argen with pretty good results and a quick turnaround.

Can you send WM a file to print? Look into Bego as well.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this machine? The specs can be found on their website. The good points are that WM will be developing their own resin for this system in a few different colors. Not especially large build plate but possibly enough for four vertical full arches or possibly eight quads. A cycle or two a day would produce all the models we need. Not thrilled about "model less" crowns as much information about contour, emergence, texture etc. is lost without a model. Not into competing with the race to the bottom, still many willing to pay for higher quality CAD/CAM.

We have a couple of accounts that have IO scanners and few more that will probably buy one next year. I just can't standing sending out for models and the lack of control. We have done a number of implant cases with IO scans and the results have been favorable....except for waiting for models from Dreve or some other manufacture. It is a pain trying to accommodate all of the different scanners and associated software.

I should be getting a sample print in a few days. I would be much more confident promoting our services to other IO scanner clients if we had our own model printer.

Comments?
I would be surprised if WM is developing their own resins. Most of the 3D printing resins come form just one source.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I would be surprised if WM is developing their own resins. Most of the 3D printing resins come form just one source.
one of these days the ppl doing r/d on these resins will pull their heads out of a dark and unsanitary location and start churning out something stellar. i dont know when that will be, but it just would make more sense that EVENTUALLY printing would overtake milling. i mean, why not? less waste, less moving parts, etc, etc. right now milling is where its at, no question. just thought printing would make some better advancements in the materials category!

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score

Whip Mix has developed their own 3D Generative Resins optimized for use with the Asiga 3D Printer. VeriCast is compatible with most investment material, and is ideal for crown & bridge burnout patterns and model casts (light blue in color). VeriModel is a methacrylate based resin for DLP systems with 405nm light source and is ideal for production of dental models (available in Golden Brown, Blue, Yellow, Ivory, Green, Violet, White). VeriTray is a methacrylate based resin for stereolithography systems with solid state laser and DLP systems ≤ 385nm, and is ideal for custom tray impressions (available in Neon Green, and Orange). VeriGuide is a methacrylate based resin for stereolithography systems with solid state laser and DLP systems ≤ 385nm, and is ideal for drilling guides and splints (clear/transparent in color). If any of you would be interested in a printed sample model from the Asiga printer just message me. As far as WM excepting files to print, it is in the works!!! We are currently installing printers into our production as we speak, so only a matter of time before we can except files to print.

upload_2016-11-30_15-8-39.png

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
Is the veriguide material apporved for long term use?

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Is the veriguide material apporved for long term use?

Alan,
Great question!!!! At the moment we have Class 1 short term approval on the Veriguide resin. We are in the works on the 2A long term approval through FDA. At the moment no resins have class 2A Long Term approval through the FDA that I know of. Long term approval is in the works, from our trials and testing we see no reason it would not be, but at the moment it is out of our hands. Everything has been submitted, just awaiting on response/approval from FDA.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
one of these days the ppl doing r/d on these resins will pull their heads out of a dark and unsanitary location and start churning out something stellar. i dont know when that will be, but it just would make more sense that EVENTUALLY printing would overtake milling. i mean, why not? less waste, less moving parts, etc, etc. right now milling is where its at, no question. just thought printing would make some better advancements in the materials category!
I really. believe the model is here. Correct color, opacity and cost. Printing has some significent hurdles for final restorations. could be 5 or more years.