Which materials

N

Newbie123

Reaction score
Reaching a point were maybe its time to start looking at doing my own zirconia.
So what should I be looking at in the way of pre-shaded zirconia for full contour and bridges.Not sure I want to stain.
What finishing instruments do you like for cleaning up the zirconia before sintering.
Is there a standard size puck that is more used for a majority of you cases ( 10, 12, 14 and so on)
Lots of questions.
Thanks for any response.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I have tried many types. I prefer the preshaded because it gets you in the ballpark. Apply some presinter stains on the incisial. Always looking for a better result.

Heard good thing about Chang's liquid and I might try them next. But maybe the new Jensen Miyo system is going to be my next purchase to replace the incisial stains. I already use the InSync for glaze so it would fit in nicely.

I find that you can fit most in the 12mm or 14mm but there are some exceptions. It can get expensive keeping all the sizes in stock and sometimes you are better off outsourcing those that don't fit in. Depends on how often you see yourself using a D4 in the 14mm. Which is basically never but it does happen.

I'm a fan of the Wagner kit. CAP has them on their site. Sure some are kinda not used that much but once you figure out which ones you like you can just order the specific ones. I like the smaller green barrel type. Then use a manual knife and the diamonds to get some surface texture. The white material ones are great for smoothing.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Lots of info on related threads, for me it's unshaded as it reduces inventory of shaded pucks.. In addition I run 17-22 units at once so the mill runs for 5-6 hrs without changing pucks. For clean-up before sinter...a good brush for the dust inside and I found white porc. polisher to remove connectors to be most efficient and if you want smoother I will use scotch brite medium wheels. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom