Which emax ingot?

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I'll be pressing 2 maxillary centrals shade 5M1 vitapan 3D-master. What would be the ideal ingot selection for this case? I'm not used to pressing dark colours and can use some advice here. Thanks.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
LT ingots for sure. C3 LT ingot but again, depends on photo. (if any was sent haha)

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Are they crowns or veneers? For crowns, we always use the LT ingots. We wax them up full countour, then do a cut back on the facial and incisal. For veneers, we usually use the HT ingots(sometimes the impluse ingots). They are waxed with a cutback on the incisal. I use a chart a printed off from this site to convert from 3D shades to vita. For 5M1, we would use C4.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
ooo yea... good call Brett haha

are they Veneers? I was thinking only about crowns.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
These will be crowns. I haven't received any photos for this case. I was thinking to order C3 LT ingots just incase the shade is a little lighter than the C4. I just don't like ordering ingots that may be sitting for a while. Thanks for the help.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
stumps may be an issue with a shade that dark. if so. copings out of MO-4 and fully layer.. otherwise i agree with the prior posts.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I agree with Disturbed, however, we have found that if the doc reduces at least .6mm on the facial, the LTs will cover up most dark stumps. Especially in this case since the final shade will be relatively dark.

Top Bottom