What kind of zirconia do you use most? Why?

Ros Russle

Ros Russle

Reaction score
Just curious about why some labs don't want to try some new brands.

OpalEssence

OpalEssence

Reaction score
unless the " Value for Money" is met no body will be ready to try new materials!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
For us, we stick with one zirconia brand(Zir Cad) so we don't need to worry about different sintering programs. We only had one sintering oven for the first three years when we started milling zirconia in house. I also don't want a huge inventory of zirconia pucks. We use the pure LT and pure MT zircad pucks for all our monolithic restorations. We stock one 20 mm pucks of each of the preshaded zircad LT pucks for our layered cases. Keeps the inventory streamlined. We will add one more multi layer zirconia puck(Zircad Prime most likely) once we get a better mill.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Dito I am with Brett. ZirCad Multi Mt, almost exclusively. But depending on the case, LT or even MO. Looking forward to try the new ZirCad Prime pucks, which will be available in more shades (finally!!!)

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Amann Girrbach for me... we switched over to it last year. Corporate decision. Pricing was the key factor.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We use axsys's zirconium, love the preshaded stuff. I hate dipping or brushing, plus much better consistence in my opinion.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Been using nexxzr+ since it came out. Havent really needed to try anything else although the shading could use some fine tuning because they dont sell liquids. Looking forward to using the new multilayer when it comes out. If I switch it will be to the dental direkt material most likely, I hear its some of the best out, but who knows, there are so many who has time to try them all?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Mostly Katana UTML,STML and also ML. They just announced HTML which is basically ML but with 16 vita colors. I also use dental direkt, nacera and a little bit of aidite. Will be definitely trying out the new whitepeaks hyperion material.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I am waiting for a milling machine, and in the meantime I chose a zirconium. and here the question arises, what kind of zirconia and why ?

I try to choose between Pritidenta Extra translucent and Nacera Pearl multishade.
due to the availability of colors and sizes at the distributor
color system, two colors in one disc.
Aesthetic due to multilayer - less ceramic work.
get me out of the idea if I'm wrong

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
As much I have used pearl multishade... well it is not a very beautiful material... I you want darker color then you position the restoration in lower part of the buck and the end result is all over like dentin... no effect of the enamel. I used some and completely stopped. I looked Priti at IDS and might try it.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Nexxzr+ is buy 3 get 1 free, how can you go wrong? Multilayer should be out in a few weeks or months.. or years..

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Anyone using multi preshaded from Argen yet? I know it's fairly new, but was curious?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Still doing it old school by dipping Origin Beyond and Plus. The main reason being I have a 4 axis mill that I can't always position crowns or bridges correctly in a gradient disk.

In a way I don't mind, as it keeps my disk inventory lower, the coloring liquids last a long time, and I have a little more control of shades from the ground up.

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
LOVE Beyond multi plus pre-shaded - using then for full contour.
Sometimes Katana depending on docs request.

Also use Vericore for layering cases, in combination with BnD's liquid stains. Very consistent!

I use argen ht plus preshaded for longer bridges.

Currently trying out 'illusion' from IDS CAD. It's multi layered but 1100 mpa incisal to ging.