What glue to secure wire clasps to model

Tylen

Tylen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m using CA Glue right now but wire clasps keep falling off model after boil out. I have to reglue everytime, is this normal? Would like to see what everyone usually uses to secure wire clasp to models before processing. Glue brands, techniques or tips would be appreciated. 🙏

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
I actually light cure them with a block out resin, nice a bulky so if they do fall off (10%of the time) it goes into the putty nicely

Tylen

Tylen

Reaction score
I actually light cure them with a block out resin, nice a bulky so if they do fall off (10%of the time) it goes into the putty nicely
Wow that’s actually a good idea. I will try that. I still wish there’s a magic glue that works for that purpose to save some time, lol. Thanks!!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I use cold cure acrylic. Use handpiece and put a couple of tiny retention holes on either side of the clasp. It doesn't need to go in the pressure pot.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
For me CA does not like to stick to a damp model. It needs to be bone dry.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Paint separator then invest in lab plaster, it holds tight and comes off clean.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m using CA Glue right now but wire clasps keep falling off model after boil out. I have to reglue everytime, is this normal? Would like to see what everyone usually uses to secure wire clasp to models before processing. Glue brands, techniques or tips would be appreciated. 🙏
Cover them with stone while flashing nothing else is needed.

L

Leo C

Reaction score
Same.. I use light cure material. Block out resin works good, and with the light hits it, it cures right were you want it. Super glue.. pain in the Arse