Wax injector

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Here is a tip I learned from Brad Jones. Cover the top ot the "Plunger" style wax injector with a bowl to keep the heat in. This way you don't have to crank up the heat so high and you get a more even heat distribution. Meaning more controll over the consitency of the wax. It also keeps the injector from clogging up. Brad also replaced the plunger with a plastic rod he got from Tap plastic. He found tiny black spots from rubb off's of the plunger in his emax transferred from the wax.

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
Good tips. The top from the packaging when you buy bulk CDs works really well. Just the right size and the price is right too.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Dear friends!

Please share with me this method,because i don't really understand this method.

So if i have a preop modell i can copy it to another model??(same patinet) please if you have any information i like to know,because i'm intrested in buying a wax injector if i get information how can use it. I have a lot of EMAX work and a lot of provisionals. so please tell me the correct method. Thanks and greetings from Hungary to everyone

trianglej

trianglej

Reaction score
Stumpf- You do your diagnostic waxup and then make a putty matrix around it down to the tissue area and a couple of adjacent teeth for stops, the Dr. might want a shell also to do the temps with it. Dr. will then prep the teeth and send you a final impression( a good one that has some of that tissue area that was on the diagnostic model- for a stable fit of the matrix),do your die work and lube it up( or you can do the injecting on a prepped solid model and transfer to the pinned model) drill two holes over the prepped area of the matrix- one for wax inject and another for air and excess wax-with a cone or pear shape bur that matches the shape of your injector tip. With your wax at proper temp, hold the model with matrix firmly on the injector and pump it full, remove matrix ,touch up the wax shape , seperate, sprue, and invest. That's it in a nutshell, some of the other Tech's will have tips and tricks to refine the technique, so check with them.
There is a new listing for a very nice injector on Ebay today, for a great price even at the "Buy it Now"!
GESSWEIN WAX INJECTOR - eBay (item 180692741409 end time Jul-14-11 11:44:21 PDT)
Good Luck

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
unfortunatelly i can't buy it the seller don't post it to Hungary. Please if you have any step by step information about this technique,it will be usefull,because here in Hungary nobady know about it.So i like to ask you to help me to get all of the infos about it.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
stumpf:

You can find all the info on this technique from here:

Dental Education On Demand

The wax-up video utilizing the wax-injection technique is the one you want.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I know I'm just a removable guy but I was thinking about your interest in wax injecting. (I don't know why a thougt just stuck:noidea:) I have the CDM gun for making acetal clasps and I woke up with an idea. If you make the matrix in a hard silicone with an injection hole (use the tip of the glue gun to get the shape correct) , & a small vent. boiled off or made a duplicate model before you did the beautiful waxup, then use a gluegun, (probably 1 for each color) & some sealing wax
Glue Gun Letter Sealing Wax
Glue Gun Sealing Wax
you could inject with just a simple glue gun any color presentation wax you wanted. white, beige, Champagne Pearl, Ivory Pearl.
The glue guns are $11. the glue sticks ($2. ea nostalgicimpressions) the shades might come close to tooth shades.
Glue gun wax, glue gun sealing wax manufacturer, Sealing wax manufacturer, custom wax seal, bottle dripping wax, scottish wax seals, Sealing wax sticks guy offers custom colors and wax remain flexible could you imagine a try-in if done without preps. & if the DDS did break it U still have the matrix.:becky:
Wax injectors are $250.to $2500. $3. to $8. lb for wax.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
another cheap workaround..
fully melt wax....waxpot, hot plate, whatever....
when forming your matrix pick your point of injection and indent the silicone with the tip of a disposable syringe...
once putty has hardened...you extend through the putty...I use a biopsy punch personally but a small drill bit works fine as well
prep your model...
3cc syringes work fine for a couple of units....
youll want to switch to a 30cc for larger cases so youll have enough thermal mass to maintain fluidity and pressure during initial cooling to compensate for shrink.
when youre done injecting push whatever material you can out of the syringe into your wax pot...then pull the plunger all the way out....makes reuse easier..

S

Smilesrus

Reaction score
Couldn't live without our Wax injectors.. we run three with differant colors of wax .... Definatly a great investment if you do a lot of cases .. Ours are from Pro-Craft

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I'm intrested in buying and using wax injector.I saw you are have experince about this machine.May i ask you to share a picture step by step technique description to understand well?

Thank you

brutal85

brutal85

Reaction score
Hmm.. strange, it worked for me couple days ago.