Wax injecting troubleshooting

E

Emma

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Did you try to make a putty after a diagnostic wax ups to transfer the wax to the prep model? I tried to do that with a wax injector, the wax design was exactly the same and the margins fit perfectly which i was so happy to see BUT!! it was way too thick all around :( Any ideas what might goes wrong?!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Are you using a putty with a durometer of at least 85shore hardness? If the putty is not very firm it can flex out.

We are not injecting these days but in the past we implemented Siltec plus as our putty of choice.

Good luck

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Are you using a putty with a durometer of at least 85shore hardness? If the putty is not very firm it can flex out.

We are not injecting these days but in the past we implemented Siltec plus as our putty of choice.

Good luck
Do you print this stuff now, or is that even necessary?

E

Emma

Reaction score

Good luck

I tried Zhermack putty (hydrorise) 60shore without the soft rubber, and i am using the impression tray as well. Do you think it will be better if i use the soft rubber or i should go for a harder one?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I tried Zhermack putty (hydrorise) 60shore without the soft rubber, and i am using the impression tray as well. Do you think it will be better if i use the soft rubber or i should go for a harder one?
Harder. The pressure from injection is forcing the softer matrix to distort. That's where your expansion is coming from

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Do you print this stuff now, or is that even necessary?

We do so little hand waxing today Ken. Now when I have a model for a diagnostic I design digitally and then mill. When the final impression comes back I merge the file back from the diag to the master.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Scan in your wax up and mill ;)
Sold my wax injector years ago

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
We do so little hand waxing today Ken. Now when I have a model for a diagnostic I design digitally and then mill. When the final impression comes back I merge the file back from the diag to the master.
That's what I imagined. Amazing times we live in

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Are you using any exit vents? Might help as well.

E

Emma

Reaction score

What do you mill? Do you mean you print the model after doing the design?
I tried to scan and merge the wax up file with the prep model, but the printed veneers are never the same as the wax up design. In crown cases is better but still if your dentist is so much into details then you have to do lot of corrections after printing. The problem also with the printed veneers/crowns that it's very hard to put wax on in case I need to do small corrections, so I have to press as is then do the corrections after pressing.
I do very nice manual diagnostic wax up and I wish I can simply copy them to the prep model without having to redo the wax again and without any corrections..

E

Emma

Reaction score
im not sure what do you mean by exit vents, but I drill two holes in the putty one for the injector and the other for the wax to exit..
Are you using any exit vents? Might help as well.[/QUO

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Emma If I have a case come in that lets say 6 ant veneers. I take the preop model and I prep the way I would like to see the dr prep. I duplicate that model and scan and mill PMMA veneers. We then affix the milled plastic to my prep dup model with Super Glue. When the final impression comes in I merge my design file as a preop scan and morph the design to the new model. We mill the wax veneers out and press. Very exact work with much less hand labor

E

Emma

Reaction score
Emma If I have a case come in that lets say 6 ant veneers. I take the preop model and I prep the way I would like to see the dr prep. I duplicate that model and scan and mill PMMA veneers. We then affix the milled plastic to my prep dup model with Super Glue. When the final impression comes in I merge my design file as a preop scan and morph the design to the new model. We mill the wax veneers out and press. Very exact work with much less hand labor

I will try your way. Thanks for the great tip!
Usually when the prep is minimal with closed contact, the milled or printed veneers come out overlapped and I have to grind the contacts in order to fit them in place. That affect the shape of course..

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Emma,

This path forces your client to prep correctly :) If you are doing minimal or no prep there is no way for the contacts to be bang on perfect. If you are prepping you can show the best way to give the client a very nice product. This is why we duplicate our prep model since we are gluing the PMMA down to the dup. This allows us the ability to make reduction matrixes as well and the dr to have a visual reference while he is reducing the teeth.

Good luck

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
im not sure what do you mean by exit vents, but I drill two holes in the putty one for the injector and the other for the wax to exit..
That's what I meant; just covering all the bases.