Vita MFT

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
For those that have experience with these teeth, do you have an opinion on whether the 3D shades work best for the offices, or do you prefer to use the straight vita classical shades? I intend to provide shades guides either way and my docs and assistants tell they dont care either way. I'm looking to buy a decent stock of these teeth, but before I do I thought I'd try to get some opinions on the shade guide preferences. Thanks all. You guys all rock.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
I prefer the straight classic shades. Dentures have always been straight classic shades and so the doctors usually ask for them in the classic. Every blue moon maybe like once a quarter I'll get a doctor who asks for the 3D shade and I can just special order that and get it in 2 days.
If you're providing the shade and I assume you're going to put a mold guide with it then the classic shade will be more economic as well. The other thing I've learned with shades are when you're working with a patient you don't show them all of the shades you show them a couple. If you show them all they're going to get overwhelmed and that is easier to do with a couple shades on the classical.
I don't use the mft as much anymore I use the Excell and Lingoform but I've been using Vita for a while now and that's just the way that I do it. Definitely interested to see some other opinions on this though.
Do you always send a new shade guide to doctors who are using you?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't do 3d shades it just doesn't really matter on dentures. All the teeth are the same color and will blend. There are enough colors in classic. It might matter on a partial denture. Does the Vita MFT perfectly match the Vita classic? I honestly don't know, I use phonares 2 and blueline. I make sure to use the matching shade guides they are "vita matched" but that isn't 100%

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't do 3d shades it just doesn't really matter on dentures. All the teeth are the same color and will blend. There are enough colors in classic. It might matter on a partial denture. Does the Vita MFT perfectly match the Vita classic? I honestly don't know, I use phonares 2 and blueline. I make sure to use the matching shade guides they are "vita matched" but that isn't 100%
That's what we do too since we only use Ivoclar teeth. I've got both Vita shade guides to match to if vita 3d or standard vita shades are requested.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Noticed vita finally came out with C1 and D2 for there vitaMFT line.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I prefer the straight classic shades. Dentures have always been straight classic shades and so the doctors usually ask for them in the classic. Every blue moon maybe like once a quarter I'll get a doctor who asks for the 3D shade and I can just special order that and get it in 2 days.
If you're providing the shade and I assume you're going to put a mold guide with it then the classic shade will be more economic as well. The other thing I've learned with shades are when you're working with a patient you don't show them all of the shades you show them a couple. If you show them all they're going to get overwhelmed and that is easier to do with a couple shades on the classical.
I don't use the mft as much anymore I use the Excell and Lingoform but I've been using Vita for a while now and that's just the way that I do it. Definitely interested to see some other opinions on this though.
Do you always send a new shade guide to doctors who are using you?
Thanks for that info. I’m small. Just two docs in-house and two outside accounts. I’ve picked up about ten classical shade guides on ebay and here and there, so if they need them I’ve got them.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Even Vita says they don’t match perfectly. Kinda weird right?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Even Vita says they don’t match perfectly. Kinda weird right?
Ivoclar is the same way, Phonares II and Blueline of the same shade don't match exactly. They say it's the difference in the material that they're made of.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Ivoclar is the same way, Phonares II and Blueline of the same shade don't match exactly. They say it's the difference in the material that they're made of.
Be nice if we could get a mid grade tooth with consistent shades that match their guides. Looks like with vita they want you to upgrade to their more expensive teeth to get all the moulds and shades that match. Oh well. I can play ball. I just really like the way the mft’s look for the price. Beautiful teeth imo.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
thats because the vita shades are from the porcelain mines. the denture teeth are acrylic. glass and plastics dont generally match 100%
But the vita tabs are acrylic.....

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
But the vita tabs are acrylic.....
both my vita classic and my 3d guide are all ceramic tabs. def not acrylic.

if vita makes a shade tab for denture teeth, they might be acrylic but i am not aware of it

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
both my vita classic and my 3d guide are all ceramic tabs. def not acrylic.

if vita makes a shade tab for denture teeth, they might be acrylic but i am not aware of it
My 3D Master shade guide is acrylic.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
10-year-old thread, I'm not sure of how or what things may have changed since then.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I know I’m spending too much time nit picking on lower priced teeth. $3k investment in teeth is a little bit of a big deal for my tiny operation is all. Not just the cash but whatever time is saved or consumed by investment. Appreciate all the input. I looked at others, uhlers stuff (nobody could tell me anything about wear or even if the teeth were crosslinked) , ivostar, artic, Vita look best to me. We’ll see how it works out.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I know I’m spending too much time nit picking on lower priced teeth. $3k investment in teeth is a little bit of a big deal for my tiny operation is all. Not just the cash but whatever time is saved or consumed by investment. Appreciate all the input. I looked at others, uhlers stuff (nobody could tell me anything about wear or even if the teeth were crosslinked) , ivostar, artic, Vita look best to me. We’ll see how it works out.
You'll be fine, it's what I've stocked over a decade now.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
not a fan of Artic. very inconsistent.

Top Bottom