Venting titanium implants

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
Nice then you are dead right on screw retained. But in the lab I really don't care for the material or esthetic quality maybe I need to look further. Any suggestions are welcome.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Before we started milling we did the majority with UCLA's and casting, when we went to Zirconia my world totally changed. Makes it so much easier and so easy for the client to hide the access hole.

By the way we make a jig to help them seat all screw retains that I have them save that acts as a guide to drill out the composite plug :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
John, You just made my morning with that little bit of info about saving the seating jig.

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
Before we started milling we did the majority with UCLA's and casting, when we went to Zirconia my world totally changed. Makes it so much easier and so easy for the client to hide the access hole.

By the way we make a jig to help them seat all screw retains that I have them save that acts as a guide to drill out the composite plug :)

John, You just made my morning with that little bit of info about saving the seating jig.
This is great and I agree it made my morning too. Finally a thread that takes a positive turn. Thanks. [emoji111] [emoji106]

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
great thread. I would say the majority of all my implants are screw-retained for sure. The word is out about retrievability..Laugh

Ive done access holes through the crown on cement-retained implants.. but I think this is a silly idea. I like dougs idea about making a putty die to express the excess material, before it goes in the mouth.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Great thread. Everything is screw retained in my lab if placement allows.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
And again no one wants to hear this but 'compatible' vs original components actually has merit in studies. It will only take 3-9 years to see our failures so save your pennies now I guess.

Sorry if I missed something along the way, do these studies suggest there is a problem long term with compatible abutments? Does this also imply that customised abutments via 3rd party milling centres are maybe flawed as well? Thanks in advance.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Where's the study on failure rates of 1st party all zirconia bone level abutments?

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=539145 Biomet recalled. This isn't a study but a thread that sounds a lot like us here. I'll try to gather some info and post more later since I'm sure my own personal notes from seminars and studies I've seen will not do. I have a lot to get done today and my kiddo is earning his Bobcat badge for Tiger scouts, but I will be back.[emoji4]

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Venting holes 30 years ago on crap stock abutments with big fat cement as thin as a brick in the wall maybe but with thin cement not to much and low force no problem and with indiv abutments easily under the margin ( hybrid ) no perimlantitis because of cement remains. No trouble with the color if gingiva retraction an easier to clean than titanium.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Intelligent group over there.

That site makes us look like ****y cats...Thanks for the link.

I liked this one. " I called you a moran so you would understand what I was talking about"

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
That site makes us look like ****y cats...Thanks for the link.

I liked this one. " I called you a moran so you would understand what I was talking about"
Haha I was hoping someone else would be entertained by it. [emoji122]

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
edit: I said 'access' holes in cement-retained, but I meant vent holes through the lingual.. couldnt find the edit button..

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
In my practice, about 95% are screw retained. Would make pt go for ASC if it was a compatible Noble implant and I can (typically) lute it outside the mouth
and convert to a screw-retained system. Listen to John, he has been doing this 20 + years.
And I spend alot of time and starting to charge more to find the channel and 'convert' a cement retained crown into a screw retained system.
For full disclosure, my practice is prosthodontic, so there is inherent bias, FWIW.
LCM

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Intelligent group over there.

OMG, I could only read a few posts... Those reps make themselves look like real A-holes with those posts.. wow.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Interesting insight into the implant world.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
OMG, I could only read a few posts... Those reps make themselves look like real A-holes with those posts.. wow.

No kidding, good thing it's not like that around here.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom