Vaniman suction unit

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I have a vaniman abrasive vac and it didn't really sucked well anymore. So I took it apart and had to replace the brushes. But it did not improve the suction strength. I am afraid it might be the motor itself. It sounds good, works fine, but does not suck ( yes, I changed the filter too). Any input what could be the problem and should I just throw it out or is it worth repairing? It is an old unit.
If I have to buy a new one, which would you recommend? It is a 2 station work bench suction unit and I want it as QUITE as possible.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I replaced the motors in mine. About 50 bucks at the time

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i like the Integral Systems units

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a vaniman abrasive vac and it didn't really sucked well anymore. So I took it apart and had to replace the brushes. But it did not improve the suction strength. I am afraid it might be the motor itself. It sounds good, works fine, but does not suck ( yes, I changed the filter too). Any input what could be the problem and should I just throw it out or is it worth repairing? It is an old unit.
If I have to buy a new one, which would you recommend? It is a 2 station work bench suction unit and I want it as QUITE as possible.

Its just a box with a motor/fan pulling through a bag. Unless the brushes were bad, new ones wont do anything. Fresh bag, thats pretty much it. If its really not sucking, the only possibilities are a clogged hose/leaky connection; low voltage-possible this time of year; or you dont have a seal on the box or motor. Make sure the motor is fully seated in the big rubber grommet and that you have weather strip around the box where it originally was.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Yes, I fixed it. Brushes were bad. But also the motor wasn't sitting tight on the rubber "grommet". Working like new now.
Thanks for all the input.
But for future references, which one is the quitest suction unit?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
But for future references, which one is the quitest suction unit?

Your mouth. :)

On a serious note the newer units from vanimann are pretty damn quiet, I have the stone vac-2 set up on my blasters and its strong and pretty quiet and its bagless. I also recently purchased the Quatro twin-vac for milling and its very quiet and strong as well.

I think the sound on most of these units have more to do with the tube whistle than anything else.

Glad you got your vac back working.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342628074.289181.jpg
Helps tremendously!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342628074.289181.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have never seen that Jason and I have had probably 20 different single suctions of vananman over the years. I thought I knew their product line pretty well.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Oh yes I have them on all of my machines. They are awesome. They work best if you can install them closest to the opening of your work station. They are cheap too. ( About $30) You might have to get inventive when it come to attach them to your suction hoses. I found some rubber reducer/enlarger pieces in the plumbing department that works well with all kind of hose diameters. Took me an hour roaming through the boxes at Lowes, but this is really worth it.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have never seen that Jason and I have had probably 20 different single suctions of vananman over the years. I thought I knew their product line pretty well.

You must be in California. You guys are years behind us progressive southerners;) Zahn is where I purchased mine. Barely hear it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
So, how does it work? just baffles inside, but it doesnt impede air flow? At all? or just some, but worth it?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
So, how does it work? just baffles inside, but it doesnt impede air flow? At all? or just some, but worth it?

It does slightly effect airflow. Very slightly. 60 to 70% noise reduction.

My Zubler unit absolutely rocks by the way. Super quiet and very powerful. I have the A40. Purchased the control box that plugs into Roland as well.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
You must be in California. You guys are years behind us progressive southerners;) Zahn is where I purchased mine. Barely hear it.

Oxymoron

LOL Vanniman the co is about 1.5 hours from me, I have actually been to the facility many moons ago

Top Bottom