iVAC Quattro problem

user name

user name

Reaction score
Miil started up and when the suction should have, it popped a circuit breaker. My other unit previously had a motor go bad, but it still ran with less suction. This one seems dead. I checked the power and its there up to the cord plugin. Any ideas where to go. what to do?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is there a fuse on the line?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Breaker built into the suction

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Miil started up and when the suction should have, it popped a circuit breaker. My other unit previously had a motor go bad, but it still ran with less suction. This one seems dead. I checked the power and its there up to the cord plugin. Any ideas where to go. what to do?
Sometimes there will be a self resetting thermal fuse. You've got seriously dry air or I'd not suggest this, but blow some onto the motor if it feels warm and see.

Might be a bearing seized up too, can you rotate the shaft?

user name

user name

Reaction score
They werent warm; never ran when it should have started, just instantly popped the breaker in my box. No signs of life on the control panel. Tech support is asking a couple questions, but I think theyre going to say new control panel needed.

Im guessing Ill be ordering a suction unit later today.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Th
They werent warm; never ran when it should have started, just instantly popped the breaker in my box. No signs of life on the control panel. Tech support is asking a couple questions, but I think theyre going to say new control panel needed.

That sounds like something fell in and created a direct short. Feel like looking inside and seeing if anything rattles or is loose?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Th
That sounds like something fell in and created a direct short. Feel like looking inside and seeing if anything rattles or is loose?
Ive got it all apart. Power past the circuit breaker up to the motherboard. Nothing

user name

user name

Reaction score
Anyone...
Quatro..
Power Station 2 brushless vs ivac 2.c brushless?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

prob a board, my guess.
lmk if you do go the new board route. would love to get a new board for my spare ivac that needs one.....just not from uncle hank

user name

user name

Reaction score
prob a board, my guess.
lmk if you do go the new board route. would love to get a new board for my spare ivac that needs one.....just not from uncle hank
It is the board. Waiting for a response on cost

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It is the board. Waiting for a response on cost
similar issue to what mine had. i was in a bind for days while they did troubleshooting and bought a second. but still need a board

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Some of these motor suctions are infinity motors, they will stop functioning till you change brushes or motors, but some companies will tell you you can not Change brushes and even don’t sell brushes, so you have to buy a new motor.
i had an issue with my infinity motor, I had to buy a new motor,
but I was able to buy the curve carbon brushes (infinity brushes) from a company in Atlanta for the old one and make in run again, I have it as a spare motor.

Last edited:
L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
If the motor uses brushes, check them. In the past I've had other units go dead and this fix was new brushes... I now have 2 small Quatro Jetstreams ( at least 10 years old) ....I change out the brushes once a year whether they need it or not.
Being yours if a different model/type it may not apply....also that issue would probably not pop a breaker.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Finally gonna put Loki's jet pack on and send him down to 'discuss my attitude problem'?

I have a steak in the freezer to placate him. Probably more like a snack
He got a new squeaky toy last night. Im surprised the neighbors didnt call the police.

user name

user name

Reaction score
If the motor uses brushes, check them. In the past I've had other units go dead and this fix was new brushes... I now have 2 small Quatro Jetstreams ( at least 10 years old) ....I change out the brushes once a year whether they need it or not.
Being yours if a different model/type it may not apply....also that issue would probably not pop a breaker.
I have spare motors for the inevitable. Never thought about a spare board though.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive got a imes ivac sitting here if you need a big suction unit. Id check the brushes first though.