Using a design as a pre-preparation in 3shape.

S

Stoneboy

Reaction score
I just updated to 16.1 about a month ago, and I noticed that you could free move the pre-op around with the mouse. I have always wanted to use an old design that looked nice, import it as the pre-op and just copy it, but I was never able to correlate it correctly. Now that you can move the pre-op in place with the mouse, it seems like it should be possible, but it just doesn't copy right. I was just wondering if anyone had ever messed around with this, or found a way to make it work. It would make designing big anterior cases (or really any case for that matter) a lot faster!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

One of the resident geniuses will be along, just wanted to say hi.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what part of the adaptation doesnt work right to you? if you get big surfboard shaped boogers then youve got to get the placement of the anatomy "closer" to the shape of the pre-prep before it will adapt correctly.

S

Stoneboy

Reaction score
I know. I use the morph to pre preparation tool all the time. It works great when used with an actual wax up that has been correlated in scanning, but not with a design done before by me that I'm importing... The copy doesn't work with this. It just makes a smaller and smaller version of the tooth I already have before copying.

S

Stoneboy

Reaction score
Basically what I'm doing is importing a 6 unit bridge STL that I have designed before on a different case as the pre op for a new case to copy the design.