Upside down crown proposal in 3Shape?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I have noticed on the 2012 software for me that any time I am trying to design a 3rd molar, the software proposes the crown to me upside down. Is anyone else getting this bug in the software besides me? This has happened to me also when I have tried to design single 3rd molars three other times.

ai1258.photobucket.com_albums_ii539_KentPWalton_2012_05_04_114458.jpg

ai1258.photobucket.com_albums_ii539_KentPWalton_2012_05_04_114448.jpg

ai1258.photobucket.com_albums_ii539_KentPWalton_2012_05_04_114439.jpg
2012-05-04_114439.jpg 2012-05-04_114448.jpg 2012-05-04_114458.jpg

Last edited:
REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Hey Kent,
I encountered the same problem and have spoken with the 3Shape guys It seems that on the vita library the 3rd molars are upside down when you open the library editor. It started occurring at 2.7.8.4.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Someone you talked to a 3shape actually had an answer for you? This is strange.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
You guys really have that hard of a time calling for 3Shape support? wow...

Would you suggest not to get the system then?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Hey Kent,
I encountered the same problem and have spoken with the 3Shape guys It seems that on the vita library the 3rd molars are upside down when you open the library editor. It started occurring at 2.7.8.4.

Yeah. I have 2.7.8.5 and thought it may have been fixed in this update, but I was wrong. I noticed it started happening in 2.7.8.4 also. I really love the new updates. Love the smile composer for posterior teeth.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Hey Kent,

Have you heard back from 3Shape on any fixes yet? My support guy emailed them Friday. Going to try to get something worked out. Also for the scan it library. I can't scan an anatomy library into dental manager yet in the new update.

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
I usually back up my anatomy libraries so I can pull them in when weird stuff happens on updates. I'd just pull that library out and pull the old one into it's place. We have custom libraries and bugs like that have bitten me in the past.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
So, did you find the stl shells were 180 degrees off or something?

Why not just open them into other cad and flip and save?

Problem solved, if you are correct.

I have yet to find a bug in exocad.

Clean and mean.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Do you pick the library in the smile composer via the drop down window then select the library or do you go click on custom then browse to the library? I had this always happen to me when I browsed via the custom option in the drop down window. Finally broke down and went into the scan library and inputted all the missing library including the deep anatomy 2 and now when I select any of the libraries via the drop down window they all turn up the right way. It has something do with the libraries not being inputted into the smile composer via the scan library. I asked Carl from 3shape why they didnt input the basic libraries like cs-15,16 and so on into the smile composer, he was clueless, LOL.

This is on the 2012 version .4

Sevan

Last edited:
REJ

REJ

Reaction score
you can remedy the problem by going into the smile composer and flipping the 2nd molars back over, for some reason only they are upside down but when one is selected it flips all of the other teeth too.