Univsersal add on PFM

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I would like a universal neutral color porcelain I could add contacts to pfm crowns. The Lusterpaste I used for emax/zirconia popped right off maybe it was just a program thing I don't know I am a removable guy.

Edit: Dang I misspelled the title. Silly me, trix are for kids.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
GC makes a low fusing porcelain kit. Just get a bottle of neutral incisal from that kit.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Personally I would recommend getting the add-on or correction porcelain for the system you are using. If using a couple systems, buy one from each. This way you should have no issues with CTE or temperature differences between systems. A bottle of correction/add-on is not that expensive and will last for years (normally). Most come in a couple translucency levels, but you can usually get away with just having an "incisal/enamel" add-on. They are not shade specific, just match the translucency level.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Personally I would recommend getting the add-on or correction porcelain for the system you are using. If using a couple systems, buy one from each. This way you should have no issues with CTE or temperature differences between systems. A bottle of correction/add-on is not that expensive and will last for years (normally). Most come in a couple translucency levels, but you can usually get away with just having an "incisal/enamel" add-on. They are not shade specific, just match the translucency level.
I am in removable, I just fix random problems that my dr tells me to. Its not super aesthetic, it is for a contact.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dry that pfm a bit more.
Sandblast the area and give the gc another shot.Mix in some emax ceram and fire it on the emax glaze cycle again.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Dry that pfm a bit more.
Sandblast the area and give the gc another shot.Mix in some emax ceram and fire it on the emax glaze cycle again.
Lol, I don't have any other porcelain, I have a miniglaze 2. I am just expected to make miracles happen, because most the time I do.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Lol, I don't have any other porcelain, I have a miniglaze 2. I am just expected to make miracles happen, because most the time I do.
You need a bit of vacuum for gc and emax glaze.This could be why the first attempt popped off.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I am in removable, I just fix random problems that my dr tells me to. Its not super aesthetic, it is for a contact.
Again, that is why I said just one trans level. You may be able to get away with one low fusing add-on material for pfms out make sure it fires very low (~700-725C) and has a CTE ~13.2-14.8. This should ensure the most compatibility between systems.

This should work, but my original post would be my true recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You need a bit of vacuum for gc and emax glaze.This could be why the first attempt popped off.
Ya, it works fine on emax/zir. PFM just popped right off maybe too rapid a cool? I don't know, I heard it pop, knew CE was off.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Again, that is why I said just one trans level. You may be able to get away with one low fusing add-on material for pfms out make sure it fires very low (~700-725C) and has a CTE ~13.2-14.8. This should ensure the most compatibility between systems.

This should work, but my original post would be my true recommendation.

Sorry I skimmed over when I saw get porcelain for the system you are using.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score

True technician right here,[emoji106]

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't know what porcelain system comes through the door normally. Otherwise I would just buy it. I don't necessarily want 5 bottles of porcelain, but would if I had to. The lusterpaste works fabulous on emax/zirconia

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Ya, it works fine on emax/zir. PFM just popped right off maybe too rapid a cool? I don't know, I heard it pop, knew CE was off.
Cte is way different between pfm porcelans (~12.5 - 13.8) and LD or ZrO2 porcelain (~9.5) and Empress is even higher (~15.5).

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't know what porcelain system comes through the door normally. Otherwise I would just buy it. I don't necessarily want 5 bottles of porcelain, but would if I had to. The lusterpaste works fabulous on emax/zirconia
Maybe you could ask what porcelain they're using?

Edit: ignore the above, I've been drinking.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What firing cycle are you using?
800f slow rise to 1400f. I didn't slow cool probably my issue. I did the same thing I do for emax or zir. I know it is a different animal, but figured I might get lucky.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Shofu Add on T and add a little glaze powder (I use Pentron Universal) to it to help it self glaze better and at lower temp.

You can get a nice result at 885c and has a wide range cte. If the lab used a lower firing porc. you could end up over glazing it.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Shofu Add on T and add a little glaze powder (I use Pentron Universal) to it to help it self glaze better and at lower temp.

You can get a nice result at 885c and has a wide range cte. If the lab used a lower firing porc. you could end up over glazing it.
All I do is contacts on premolars back. As long as it doesn't turn in to a marble I am golden.

Edit: so i need to buy two powders.