Help Wanted Trying to find where i can find/get ourtsourcing job as a dental cad/cam designer

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
Hello! Happy new year to all!

Want ask for an advice or help - searching for work as dental designer, but maybe i am googling it bad or just there is no such places for an outsourcing job like this one. (maybe dental designer not a proper name - but have no idea how to name myself better)
If you know where i can find some workload - i would be very thankful.

I can design frames and bridges, anatomy - whatever you need i can design, Exocad and 3shape in use. Can offer pretty cheap prices and fast turnaround (especially for the US - 12 hours difference makes it really good - already worked that way two times).

Thank you!

D

Dave Taylor

Reaction score
Hello! I've had good luck with Dentflow.com. They bring in dental design work from all over the world. (btw dental designer is as good a name as any, I've often wondered what to call the job) . Anyway, Dentflow is a new service, so the work comes in slowly right now, but I have a feeling that as labs look for qualified designers to handle the growing digital workload, they're going to grow very quickly. Worth signing up in any case. imho

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
Hello! I've had good luck with Dentflow.com. They bring in dental design work from all over the world. (btw dental designer is as good a name as any, I've often wondered what to call the job) . Anyway, Dentflow is a new service, so the work comes in slowly right now, but I have a feeling that as labs look for qualified designers to handle the growing digital workload, they're going to grow very quickly. Worth signing up in any case. imho

Thank you! Site looks well ) like it
Btw - what level of prices per unit is acceptable? Have no idea.
5$ for coping/reduced is .. ?
10$ for full anatomy is .. ?

Because i want to pick good, affordable for client, prices.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Help me understand

So your going to design work for large labs that are competing against you (Assuming you're a lab owner) on price alone and people are willing to design the crowns for them for $5 a pop.

These are they guys putting the small guys out of business. And now they get to hire contract workers and get rid of any jobs/benefits. The profession takes a another big hit.

Instead of being in demand as you would suggest and being compensated accordingly for your knowledge and talent people are choosing to sell themselves to the lowest bidder.

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
Yes, the point is to find this line of price, where i start to became interesting to work with me.
So i am asking about prices =)

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Yes, the point is to find this line of price, where i start to became interesting to work with me.
So i am asking about prices =)

Crickets

D

Dave Taylor

Reaction score
Sorry. Moving house this last few days and haven't been online...

reqvaa: Truthfully, I haven't been on the site recently to give you pricing. I'm sure if you send them an email they can give you some idea. As I remember there is a wide range of pricing for comparable jobs so there may be no "average". Designers set the price they think is fair, and the lab is able to select the price range they are willing to pay. Designers out of that range are omitted from seeing the job. When I have more time, I'll take a peek and post some pricing, but it's pretty crazy here.

sirmorty: I see where you're going but I don't think these guys at Dentflow are the bad guys. There are labs that need skilled designers but don't have them and there are designers that want to work from home or supplement their income. And it's not like Uber put cabs out of business. In fact, I can see a service like Dentflow HELPING smaller labs by keeping under-utilized designers busy and/or take on more production work by outsourcing the design piece.

There's always something new and different and challenging. For Dentflow to work they'll need to vet their designers (get rid of the bad ones) and provide some level of service guarantee. Just like any lab providing the same service. Not an easy task in an online world, but I suspect the majority of designers on the site approach their work like any other lab professional. Not saying someone couldn't set up a sweatshop somewhere with a bunch of pirated 3D software but... I don't see it. The buyers (labs) would just avoid the shoddy work. "Ya gets what ya pays fer" right?

And at the end of the day, the relationship between a lab and a dentist (and high quality service) will win the day over any online design service. But I for one think the idea has merit and could be worth a look for certain labs in certain circumstances. Just my $.02