Trios vs. Itero IOS

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I got a group of docs who are considering the Trios scanner. They are currently using the latest Itero IO scanners. Has anyone researched the differences in scanning speed and data accuracy between them? I am concerned about switching from milled models to printed. We haven't had very good success with the accuracy of the printed stuff. For those who build their own models or outsource them, which manufacturers give you the most consistent results?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would say Argen and CAP hands down good. My Argen models have always been accurate.

I suggest they join the Trios Study Club on Facebook where they will find a plethora of info and smart people who will give them any detailed info they require.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have docs on both and Trios will be faster and accurate, Itero does single images at a time with makes it slower but it really depends on the user. I have printed Itore models through Argen and cases cases have dropped right in the key it to design via the digital file. Model are used for reference of contact and occlusion. You will save some money if you print model instead of having Itero mill them plus you will get the better anatomy over milling. Both have the same work flow in the design and model builder.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I have docs on both and Trios will be faster and accurate, Itero does single images at a time with makes it slower but it really depends on the user. I have printed Itore models through Argen and cases cases have dropped right in the key it to design via the digital file. Model are used for reference of contact and occlusion. You will save some money if you print model instead of having Itero mill them plus you will get the better anatomy over milling. Both have the same work flow in the design and model builder.

How do you get the Itero files exported to Argen. The only time I've got a printed model was through Core 3D and that's because they were a milling partner of Itero. I had to use them because they had the only scan bodies beside Atlantis that worked with the Itero scanner. The printed models with analogs were, let's just say, "not very good".

What scan bodies are compatible with the Trios? I know Atlantis is. How about NT Trading?

If you weren't doing implants and didn't need to use scan bodies, I guess you could just send the XML files your basic quadrant model or whatever to Argen...never tried doing that.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Argen scan bodies are nt trading. You upload then via the argen link in 3shape once they install their library. It is super easy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Argen scan bodies are nt trading. You upload then via the argen link in 3shape once they install their library. It is super easy!

Unfortunately I still have the DW with a Straumann CS2 scanner. I was leaning toward the Exocad scanners, but this could have a major influence on that decision. More money, more learning curves, more headaches ! Argh Tis yet to be determined.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Unfortunately I still have the DW with a Straumann CS2 scanner. I was leaning toward the Exocad scanners, but this could have a major influence on that decision. More money, more learning curves, more headaches ! Argh Tis yet to be determined.
Do you have access to the itero cases through itero manager? If so then you can always find anot her lab that can do the files for you and you send it. You can also go to argen.com and upload the files that way once you set up an account.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
PDC -
We will have intraoral scan bodies in about 1-2 months for all these systems
in addition you can use our standard analogs with the current model builder in 3shape so you can reduce your printed model analog costs

Attachments

• Intraoral scan body and analog.png
    Intraoral scan body and analog.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 32
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
PDC -
We will have intraoral scan bodies in about 1-2 months for all these systems
in addition you can use our standard analogs with the current model builder in 3shape so you can reduce your printed model analog costs

The IO scanner companies would also have to incorporate and validate those scan bodies into their workflow. In addition to that, the milling center would also need the implant library on their end to be able to mill that particular abutment. For example, Argen has NT trading scan bodies, but Itero doesn't use those. Itero does use Atlantis scan bodies but then you have send the case to Atlantis.

Your idea sounds great but do you know which IO companies and milling centers are going to incorporate it into their workflows?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The IO scanner companies would also have to incorporate and validate those scan bodies into their workflow. In addition to that, the milling center would also need the implant library on their end to be able to mill that particular abutment. For example, Argen has NT trading scan bodies, but Itero doesn't use those. Itero does use Atlantis scan bodies but then you have send the case to Atlantis.

Your idea sounds great but do you know which IO companies and milling centers are going to incorporate it into their workflows?
The implant libraries are importable into.most CAD software. You are right about matching the bottom geometry with the one your.milling center uses. You can download most libraries for free from the implant company.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I intend to find out why the sudden interest in the Trios by my docs, but I don't think they understand the costs involved to be able to export STL files using this system...and this is supposed to be an "open" system. Hmmmm2

James Babbi

James Babbi

Reaction score
I got a group of docs who are considering the Trios scanner. They are currently using the latest Itero IO scanners. Has anyone researched the differences in scanning speed and data accuracy between them? I am concerned about switching from milled models to printed. We haven't had very good success with the accuracy of the printed stuff. For those who build their own models or outsource them, which manufacturers give you the most consistent results?

Just curious to ask if the "latest Itero IO" you are referring to is the Elements.

M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
Yes, which version are you referring to when you say "latest". The latest version of the iTero is the Element like James said and has continuous scanning which is much faster than the previous version. We find that the Cadent milled models are very accurate and the workflow is easy. For Straumann cases they are great. Unfortunately for any other implant system the Cadent milled models can't be used and a printed model with analog are needed.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Yes, which version are you referring to when you say "latest". The latest version of the iTero is the Element like James said and has continuous scanning which is much faster than the previous version. We find that the Cadent milled models are very accurate and the workflow is easy. For Straumann cases they are great. Unfortunately for any other implant system the Cadent milled models can't be used and a printed model with analog are needed.

Yes. I'm pretty sure that the "Element" is the only upgrade Itero has come out with (other than software) since they began. My account is still having issues with high occlusion, tight contacts, and even tight fits. I don't understand what's going on because the crowns drop on the dies and I can see daylight between the crown and the opposing tooth. They had the same issue with crowns they sent to GW although that could've been a number of things.

I'm pretty frustrated with Itero right now. I have another account who has the previous Itero model and he doesn't have any of those issues.

You can get milled models for other implant systems, but you will need to go through Atlantis which means big bucks. The workflows are the same as Biomet.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

I was supposed to get a call from Argen today about getting printed Itero models but they never called back. Do you have an interface in your articulators library that will fit the Itero articulators? I know I only have 3 or 4 interface options.

A

adl

Reaction score
I was supposed to get a call from Argen today about getting printed Itero models but they never called back. Do you have an interface in your articulators library that will fit the Itero articulators? I know I only have 3 or 4 interface options.
For the life of me I don't understand why some companies decide not to call people back when they said they would.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

I got nothing for Itero, I just used the simple articulator then added the vertex cup and used that.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I got nothing for Itero, I just used the simple articulator then added the vertex cup and used that.

It would seem like one should be able to cut off the receiving end of an Itero model and scan it and add it to the library. Of course nothing is ever that simple. Hmmmm2

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It would seem like one should be able to cut off the receiving end of an Itero model and scan it and add it to the library. Of course nothing is ever that simple. Hmmmm2
I know someone who has made the iTero attachment for exocad.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

In iTero, you can scan any scan body and designate it as other on the case manager software. So in essence, it doesn't matter

what scan body geometry you're scanning as long as you have that particular library in your 3D design software.

That said, a company that supplies a library and scan bodies is highly unlikely to add another

system's scan body into their library.