Trios to Exocad?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
How small ? What kinda system you got ?

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
To small to fit on the dies. I have a Zirkon Zahn M5 and a M1 unit. Have been trying new blocks to get the most translucent zirconia (any suggestions) I can get (as the Prettau Anterior wont be strong enough for bridges,600mpa zir),the Bruxzir zirconia blocks comes with a Enlargement factor, my machines take shrinking %. All the zir I have tried so far have all had like 19.5%-20% shrinking, when I put in that 18.34% it always seemed a bit low. I took one of the numbers that was put on DN, cant remember who it was,think DM, and got a Enlargement Factor x16.0785 sum, that makes my 1.2257 Enlargement Factor a 19.71% Shrinking. Have milled the same 2 crowns (luckily only test crowns) again now on 19.71% and will see how it goes.
If you have any more advice pls feel free to help me.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Could be something with your system to discourage the use of 3rd party materials. .. you might need to do some research on your own...like design a known size object in any CAD software ( quite a few free ones on the net)...

I'd design a 10 mm cube...cut it with the calculated shrink percentage...measure it...then adjust the values accordingly...

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
Hi
Here is the right answer to that Q I sent you:if the factor is 1.232, then your shrinkage will essentially be 23.2% from the green state. Formula will be ...(magnification Factor -1) x 100 = shrinkage % so a part that measures 5mm sintered will be [5 x 1.232 = 6.16mm] in green state, and will shrink by 23.2% from green to sintered to get back to 5mm

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
Ups on sinter oven. Does anybody use a ups on their sinter oven? I have had indifferent responses regarding this, some say yes and some say nay. I would like to chat to some one who is currently using a ups for back up on their zirconia sintering oven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Ups on sinter oven. Does anybody use a ups on their sinter oven? I have had indifferent responses regarding this, some say yes and some say nay. I would like to chat to some one who is currently using a ups for back up on their zirconia sintering oven

we use an UPS from EATON -

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
Can you give me some more details, like what kind of oven, what is the specs of the ups, how long does the battery's last, how many battery's, do you have issues with it?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
how do you run a sintering oven on a battery backup??

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
gonna have to be one HELL of a ups. be a lot easier converted (or natively) 220v.

N

NYJHL

Reaction score
POWER NOT WEAKNESS

calum.jpg

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
Hi,

First of all, let me clarify the "update contract required" situation:

If you want updates, you can buy them.

If you don't want updates, your existing exocad version will continue to work.
You just won't be able to use newer versions that came out after the update contract expired. I think that's really much different from forcing update fees upon users, no matter if they want the updates or not.

Some of our users like to stick with what they're used to, even if they're missing great new featuers. So, when it comes to exocad updates, there's no free lunch, but there's no need to pay for lunch if you're not hungry either.

Second, let me comment about the instructions *** posted (or rather, "leaked"): These OEM configuration instructions are targeted at the IT professionals at the system integrators who pre-configure the exocad release, before rolling it out to their end users.

If the system integrator choses to enable the TRIOS import feature, then their customers will have a "TRIOS import" button which they can click - it's absolutely novice-friendly. However, some exocad resellers may chose not to enable this feature.

One further important comment:
The forum user exocad-usa is not affiliated with exocad in any way; quite obviously, his writing style (laughing about IT novices, etc) is not in line with our company ethics either.
I would appreciate if you'd change your user name.

All the best,
Tillmann
CEO, exocad GmbH

Hello Sir--

I read this post with great interest. I am looking into purchasing an Exocad system and I have one client with a Trios scanner. Do you have suggestions on which resellers have activated this 'Trios import' button? As a one-person lab I must be very careful with my expenditures and want to purchase a system that is flexible to handle scans from several chairside manufacturers. Also, is there an option in Exocad that allows activation of an 'iTero import' button. I also work with one iTero user.
Thank you for clarifying this issure for me.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here guys...but I'm pretty sure Exocad accepts pretty much every chairside scan...the only issue is on the Docs end, and getting the scan they send to you as a .stl file.

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here guys...but I'm pretty sure Exocad accepts pretty much every chairside scan...the only issue is on the Docs end, and getting the scan they send to you as a .stl file.

I've been told recently that I (lab) would need to purchase 3Shape Inbox in order to receive the Trios scans. That is $2400 one-time fee with $1700 yearly license/upgrade/renewal (take your pick). Once you have this Inbox you can sign up for free for Communicate, which is the portal to receive the scans, I guess. My Trios Dr. has the laptop version of the scanner.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I've been told recently that I (lab) would need to purchase 3Shape Inbox in order to receive the Trios scans. That is $2400 one-time fee with $1700 yearly license/upgrade/renewal (take your pick). Once you have this Inbox you can sign up for free for Communicate, which is the portal to receive the scans, I guess. My Trios Dr. has the laptop version of the scanner.
I believe that is correct for the Trios pod version and the way it communicates via the lab. Once again, another reason I personally tell anyone to stay away from 3Shape...but then again, I'm an Exocad fan :) Anyone get the new exocad update yet?

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an AG set up and have a Dr wanting to try a trios scan (full digital no models) with our lab... is there a 3rd party option to convert trios DCM files to STL for us? If so what sort of a fee would be attached? If our trial run is successful then I am willing to purchase the trios inbox for our system, but AG don't have a trail version of the inbox because they are essentially purchasing from 3shape and activating it on our dongle (to my understanding) once we have purchased it. It is a little hard to justify purchasing the inbox for 1 client based on a trial run. Any thoughts or direction guys>?

N

NYJHL

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an AG set up and have a Dr wanting to try a trios scan (full digital no models) with our lab... is there a 3rd party option to convert trios DCM files to STL for us? If so what sort of a fee would be attached? If our trial run is successful then I am willing to purchase the trios inbox for our system, but AG don't have a trail version of the inbox because they are essentially purchasing from 3shape and activating it on our dongle (to my understanding) once we have purchased it. It is a little hard to justify purchasing the inbox for 1 client based on a trial run. Any thoughts or direction guys>?

Argen No Risk Scanbox Agreement - Trios Inbox

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score

AG version of Exocad isn't the original. That's why there no trios import button.

You might be able to make some mods to a few XML files to be able to show this import button. The info is on this forum if you dig around.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
thanks guys, i'll dig around and see what I can find. I appreciate the help

Top Bottom