TRIOS Ready

T

TRIOS Ready

Reaction score
Also, just in case you still are not sure how becoming TRIOS Ready will benefit your lab, here are a few pointers that might help you make a decision:

1) Show your dentist customers that you are an innovative lab on the forefront of the development.

2)You will be able to easily and rapidly exchange orders, comments and 3D designs with the dental clinics

3)You will have the possibility to customize your order form and show which type of products and services you offer (e.g. type of restorations and materials)

4)When the necessary steps have been completed you will be certified as a TRIOS Ready Lab.

5)Your lab will be given the right to use the TRIOS Ready logo in your marketing material.

Email [email protected] for any questions! :)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Trios Ready is an informative program that will provide all the necessary info for labs that will be taking in Trios files. This will smooth out the workflow for dentists and labs on the first few cases.
Trios Model builder is $2500 from CAP and we can build models for you as well. Model production time is currently 24 hours.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Trios Ready is an informative program that will provide all the necessary info for labs that will be taking in Trios files. This will smooth out the workflow for dentists and labs on the first few cases.
Trios Model builder is $2500 from CAP and we can build models for you as well. Model production time is currently 24 hours.

What is the cost for models? What is the cost to build the models also?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi, Where are you located? We are looking to host events in different locations. Please let us know!

CadCrowns.ca Inc. is now Trios Ready Certified.

We will be offering special a promotion to the first dentist that uses our site .

Regards, Rob Milligan RDT

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
CadCrowns.ca Inc. is now Trios Teady Certified.

We will be offering special a promotion to the first dentist that uses our site .

Regards, Rob Milligan RDT
Not sure I want to see you in a Teady.:eek:

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we're trios ready too :D the Trios Ready list is growing on the site!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think they could promote it more here in North America.

Obviously Denmark is well represented.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I think they could promote it more here in North America.

Obviously Denmark is well represented.

I think it's a bit more complicated...because they don't have a real face...they use their distributors...

i think we will see a nice push this year

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
trios ready?

whaaaat?

just set up your 3shape communicate, and away you go.

what is all this hogwash?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think it's a bit more complicated...because they don't have a real face...they use their distributors...

i think we will see a nice push this year

I hope so. I think the time is right for 3 Shape to fire up the death star and crush the rebellion!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
trios ready?

whaaaat?

just set up your 3shape communicate, and away you go.

what is all this hogwash?

It's only hogwash if 3 Shape fails to promote the certification through their marketing.

I would like to see Trios Ready be more prominent on their website. I had difficulty finding the list of labs.

A dentist looking at the info on the Trios could easily miss the page that indicates the Trios Ready labs.
I think Sirona does a better job at promoting the connect labs.

Is it hogwash? To some I suppose but it doesn't hurt to get back a bit of promotional assistance from the people we send our license fees to.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i can be ready to accept and work on trios files without being "certified" by some salesmen looking for a handout.

who exactly is this list of labs supposed to serve? dentists? why do i want to be just another name on that list, if that is being passed to trios owners? it only lets my hard earned trios placement suddenly open itself up to "other labs" and that is NOT what i want.

this just vexes me. why on earth would anyone with any sense sign up for this?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You've got a real problem then.

I'm starting to get a real kick out of this.

exocists complain that Trios is not really open and you're complaining that it's not really closed .

I'd say they're doing things just about right !;)

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
CoolHand, It is more than just setting up 3shape communicate FYI. 3scc just allows you to share images and notes for evaluation. The process of becoming certified allows you to use the 3shape dental manager inbox to accept Trios files. You have to complete a test model case (using model builder) and a restoration then send it to 3shape for evaluation. Not difficult at all. The process familiarizes the user to the workflow. The real question is, can anyone make any money with it?

Our lab is Trios Certified and we use it as advertising and promote it on our web site along with 3shape Communicate, and LabStar (our online case tracking, file sharing and accounting software for our clients). With that being said, 3shape has done a horrible job of getting Trios into the hands of dentists and technicians.

Instead of buying model builder, you can buy CAD points until you are doing more of them. Each time you complete a model, points are reduced. You keep track of them in your control panel. I don't remember exactly how much they cost, but it might be $8-10 per model, not exactly inexpensive. Then you have to pay to have the models printed etc, making a fairly expensive model. The models are only accurate enough for verification. Once again, can anyone make any money with this workflow other than just being a novelty?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you what? no way jose.

you open control panel, enable your trios inbox, enter your communicate info, and you instantly can receive whatever trios case is waiting for you; pics? messages? this is not what communicate does.

you only need model builder if you plan on making models.

the workflow still allows you to work on a model-free IOS case. after you finish building your crown (or denture depending what is marked) you will have the *option* of opening model builder to complete that step, but it is by far not a case requirement, nor is it necessary in order to work on the trios case files. you also have the option of re-sending the design to the dds, and forwarding the case to a 3rd manufacturer, all via 3shape communicate.

i'll never understand why more people don't fiddle with their control panel and find out how these simple steps can open or close the system in the way that best suits them.

3 or 4 days ago i posted how the trios can be open or closed, depending how you configure it. you. not the provider. not the reseller. not 3shape. you.

because i fiddled with it. i was willing to waste my time.

all without doing anything illegal, or against protocol.

the settings are there waiting to be switched on and off. nobody should have to hold your hand and give you a piece of paper with Congratulations written on it. you certainly don't need to pay someone 8-10 bucks for a "test" unless its a "derp" test.

but i can't fault you for it, a lot of people don't realize they can change things. i still don't see the point of trios-ready.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
trios ready sounds a lot like sirona connect. that was one way sirona managed to make everyone who used sirona HATE them; it forced all the labs on the list to compete for price. sirona had everyone on the same page quality wise, because they all had the exact same system. it would be no different in quality one lab to the next, and they all were forced to sell cheaper than the next JUST to keep their client base.

3shape does business differently. it should not be in the business of giving everyone's name out and destroying its own trusted base of users as they all fall the same way that sirona forced them to.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
DSC_0355_zps082c26f5.jpg

DSC_0358_zps3c5df38c.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks, Trios is awesome!!!!!!!!

So far, the only word from the drs has been " perfect"

I've nailed the margins on all three crowns I have done and the implants have been so easy to do.

Just have to make sure the scan bodies are seated and the analogs are secure in the model.

The emergence profiles are noticeably better too. I think it's because the dies aren't ditched like a stone die.

For all you drs out there, this is how you raise the bar!