TRIOS Ready

A

alan2423

Reaction score
Has anyone finished the TRIOS ready program with 3Shape yet? we just started it and wanted to know if anyone has alreay finished it, or even started it. If you are an exsiting 3shape user and want to start accepting trios cases then you should get set up with it.
[email protected] they will help you get setup to get these cases and then will list you n their website for Dr's to see.

N

Nancy

Reaction score
Has anyone finished the TRIOS ready program with 3Shape yet? we just started it and wanted to know if anyone has alreay finished it, or even started it. If you are an existing 3shape user and want to start accepting trios cases then you should get set up with it.
[email protected] they will help you get setup to get these cases and then will list you n their website for Dr's to see.
What's the point? Do you have to pay? How much?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for that link allan2423, as I would like to steer my Dr's towards TRIOS, so I don't have to pay for another module and maintenance fee to accept True Def. files. I have yet to get my scanner (end of May),so this does interest me, too.

Did you see this YouTube video Bob linked to in another thread? What's Cohen On @ IDS with Tais again! Trios Color - YouTube

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Thanks for that link allan2423, as I would like to steer my Dr's towards TRIOS, so I don't have to pay for another module and maintenance fee to accept True Def. files. I have yet to get my scanner (end of May),so this does interest me, too.

Did you see this YouTube video Bob linked to in another thread? What's Cohen On @ IDS with Tais again! Trios Color - YouTube

Why would you have to pay for the files from a trios they are in .stl?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Apologies if that came out wrong, I meant for the 3MTrue Def scan files, as isn't that an additional module add on $$ in 3Shape, for it to be able to design and send out for a printed model and crown, a model builder add on module along with its yearly maintenance fee? And that Trios is part of the 3Shape software, and thus is included with the ability to read and design those files without an additional model builder add on module and maintenance fee. This is all new to me, if I'm not understanding this correctly, please let me know :) (my training is May 23rd-24th)

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Why would you have to pay for the files from a trios they are in .stl?

You're still going to have to pay, even if you are a 3Shape customer. You will need to buy the model builder module which is $4k+. If you aren't a 3Shape customer you will need to pay for the Dental Manager + Trios Inbox.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Also, the trios scans don't come through as STL, they come through as DCM. You have the ability to export them as STL though with a free dongle update.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
BTW, I am receiving TRIOS scans. It requires you to get the inbox enabled and then 3shape will setup the connection settings and then they will start coming in like e-mails. I never heard anything about them posting the labs that are TRIOS ready to the internet though...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Good information, at least for me, thanks, YMS96 :)

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Do you have the model builder YMS or doing modelless?

Last edited:
C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
Heres the link to 3Shapes Trios Ready web page
TRIOS Ready

I just talked to them last week and they should be approving some labs in NA soon

N

Nancy

Reaction score
BTW, I am receiving TRIOS scans. It requires you to get the inbox enabled and then 3shape will setup the connection settings and then they will start coming in like e-mails. I never heard anything about them posting the labs that are TRIOS ready to the internet though...

They are being posted on this page: TRIOS Ready

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Do you have the model builder YMS or doing modelless?

I have the model builder that does trios scans, itero and other STL's (TruDef, iOS, etc).

Nancy said:
They are being posted on this page: TRIOS Ready

Oh, I didn't see that. That list definitely isn't updated though because I'm not on it and I know of about 30 other labs who are receiving other cases that aren't on it either.

C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
Email [email protected]
3shape will need your lab name so they can send you a Trios scan, send back a model and a restoration, then you will be added to the list.
More info here
TRIOS Ready

T

TRIOS Ready

Reaction score
New TRIOS Ready Events

Has anyone finished the TRIOS ready program with 3Shape yet? we just started it and wanted to know if anyone has alreay finished it, or even started it. If you are an exsiting 3shape user and want to start accepting trios cases then you should get set up with it.

Hi All! Just wanted to let you know that the lists of labs who are "TRIOS Ready" is expanding. We are hoping that more labs will continue to sign up to learn more on how they can become ready to accept TRIOS cases. Remember that doctors will be looking for labs who are ready to accept their files.

If you are interested in attending any of the events, we have some coming up at the end of August! TRIOS Ready trainings

FREE to attend, plus you get food and drinks ;)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I attended one in Ranchocucamonga, CA a few weeks back. System is nice and smooth, Model Builder was simple and hopefully in the next month or two we should be on that list. Makes me job a lot easier.

2bearnest

Reaction score
Maybe if there were any events within 3,000 miles I would attend.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I attended one in Ranchocucamonga, CA a few weeks back. System is nice and smooth, Model Builder was simple and hopefully in the next month or two we should be on that list. Makes me job a lot easier.

So how ready is it for prime time? I was an early margin marking lab for the COS system and it was really not great for us. The videos of the unit look amazing, I just wonder how many units have been sold.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So how ready is it for prime time? I was an early margin marking lab for the COS system and it was really not great for us. The videos of the unit look amazing, I just wonder how many units have been sold.

John when CadBlu first brought the Trios into our lab to show us how it works, I was blown away then but since they have made a software upgrade increasing the speed and performance of the unit buy 40%-50% faster and more accurate then the previous version. All that was achieved by a simple software upgrade. We put on courses at our lab with the Dr next door and we invite dentists to attend for free and watch demos and free food and drinks including wine and beer. This unit is petty cool, imports into 3shape color and all so you can see if the tooth has a post, decay and so on while you are designing the unit(s). Model builder is a most obviously but the 3shape connect is free when you receive scan files from Doctors, lab scan files have a fee. The whole process from start to finish once you receive the scan file on a single unit should take you no longer then 10min once you have your model builder setting setup. You can then choose to send the sectioned case to a 3D model lab that they provide you a list of or go model less and design straight off the digital scan. For model less I would run a hand full of test cases with a close doctor of your just so you can dial in your setting if needed. As for how many units have been sold I have no clue, but 3shape is pushing this hard so i assume there have been a good amount of units sold already.

T

TRIOS Ready

Reaction score
Hi, Where are you located? We are looking to host events in different locations. Please let us know!