TRIOS Ready

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Nice...but...put some varnish on that model...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Good idea, what do you recommend?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Dunno...still in the stone (model) age here...Future floor wax ? Works on stone...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
my prints are better. i will show you all soon.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can you print with an analog?

Core 3D is the only ones I have used so far.

Argen is coming on board very soon and they have a better material.

If you're n Luke, you'll have to be all in.

Here's the catch.
Most milling centers give volume discounts however there is no such thing as volume for IOS yet so your price has to be competitive.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
still working on keeping costs down, but we can print with analog, or if you have your own core3d analog you can save money and have us not ship an analog with your model.

they are core3d analogs.

surface quality is smoother than what you see in that print rkm. i keep trying to macro photo some side-by side but i keep screwing up. pics to follow (when i can get a good one).

right now a quad is costing us more than we want it to, so as new cases come in we are ever seeking new avenues of savings.

when i can get my hands on the finished cost per model to me, then i can determine the best price for you.

we only just got this printer working after nearly a year on the fritz - and fighting every day with material and shipping and all manner of other nightmares.

but i can print about 15 quads per build tray, and we can do 3 runs per day if all goes well with the model builder (which is also a source of pain)

so volume should be adequate for the most part. i don't anticipate making 30 new clients in a day and overloading the printer however we realize that solving for so many clients at a time is a distinct long run to-do-list topper.

edited to add: one avenue of cost reduction we are considering is model trimming to the single adjacent teeth, which potentially can save half the cost to you, however if you are sing these models to do full quality control we will need to print a bigger model and that linearly equates to a much higher cost. extra dies... well they are cheap.

goddang material suppliers.

S

soma

Reaction score
I think the fairest way to charge, and the way I am leaning towards, is a price per gram of material used in the build plus shipping. Model sizes can vary greatly even within the "quad" or "full arch" generalizations. The only drawback to this is the lack of cost certainty for the client initially, each model will cost slightly different amounts.

I am open to feedback on this approach.

Here are a couple of photos I have on hand of the model prints from the Printer CoolHandLuke is referring to. We do some additional post processing now to remove any last traces of support material.

Our 3Shape model builder is not wanting to hollow models out right now for whatever reason.

this partial was actually designed from Trios data
Clipboard01.jpg 859A3710resize.jpg

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Maybe I missed this somewhere in the thread, but we had to go through a testing process in order to become Trios ready. If I remember correctly, 3Shape sent a number of files, and we had to mark the margins; print the models and send them in for inspection. Here's a sample of our models -

1273871_381731701956058_491024228_o.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We are Trios ready.

Is that an Argen model RJ ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don't want to pay by weight.

$20/mx and md quad
$30 / mx and md arch
$30 / analog

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well it's been about 3 1/2 months since we took possession of the Trios pod.

Today we are celebrating the successful insertion of this case which was the most complicated so far .

Today is our 25th scan since the middle of April.
This is definitely the way of the future.

DSC_0414_zpsf6657abc.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
25 ios cases ? That means you still do olde skool stuff beside, Rkm ? ;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Looking forward to fabricating a partial denture.