Tooth library for Dental Wings

M

Malonehan

Reaction score
Hello!
Are there any tooth anatomy kits I can add to Dental Wings? I don't have the module yet, but am looking into what it's capable of before adding it on. I can't find any files to download. I'm looking for Portrait, Kulzer, and Ivoclar.
Thanks!
Keegan

M

Malonehan

Reaction score
Hello!
Are there any tooth anatomy kits I can add to Dental Wings? I don't have the module yet, but am looking into what it's capable of before adding it on. I can't find any files to download. I'm looking for Portrait, Kulzer, and Ivoclar.
Thanks!
Keegan
I'm looking into the denture module*

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
At this moment you're the only person I remember admitting use of Mental Wings.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Seriously:
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Somebody knows.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If someone at dental wings ever figures out who I am, I don't expect, ohh say a box of good chocolate to show up as a bribe to quit making these jokes.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Thanks!
Keegan
Dude, sorry.

You're genuiinely looking for help and I'm pretending I'm a comedian.

Denture tooth files for digital dentures have to be made with a highly specific sub-brand of teeth.

Normal teeth have way too much slack in tolerance, and worse, are not mounted in any machine capable way.

I'm assuming you're looking to use a workflow that is by one of the teeth makers you list. Also, call them and ask. They want to sell teeth, they'll help you buy teeth.

As far as normal carded denture teeth: IF DWOS allows you to create your own libraries, you can make one yourself by scanning in all the cards you want, but! You will need to mill them from your own PMMA or print them yourself. The carded teeth will not 'drop in', but need massaging to get to fitting into most places that don't have 20 years of edentulism.

The basal surface of the tooth needing to be modified at least to fit the milled/printed base precludes normal carded teeth from being used. There's no method to mount them for the mill to remove the right places.

If you have any more or any follow up questions, feel welcome to ask.

Just got the free time to get this answer since nobody else had the chance yet first.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Since it is 2021, if I were in your shoes, I would try to sell your DW scanner asap, if at all possible ? and buy a Medit, DOF, or 3Shape scanner. DW scanners is not a player and hasn't been for many many years.
FYI... older DLN members will not have any interest in DW scanners, no offense !

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Since it is 2021, if I were in your shoes, I would try to sell your DW scanner asap, if at all possible ? and buy a Medit, DOF, or 3Shape scanner. DW scanners is not a player and hasn't been for many many years.
FYI... older DLN members will not have any interest in DW scanners, no offense !

I wonder if any vendor would even consider it as far as trade in value towards a new purchase of one of the scanner you mentioned?
Or maybe try selling it on ebay.

C

charles007

Reaction score
ebay may be the best way to sell. Kind of doubt any company would take a trade-in unless Zahn... If you could find a list DW owners that might be an easy option to sell fast.

M

Malonehan

Reaction score
Dude, sorry.

You're genuiinely looking for help and I'm pretending I'm a comedian.

Denture tooth files for digital dentures have to be made with a highly specific sub-brand of teeth.

Normal teeth have way too much slack in tolerance, and worse, are not mounted in any machine capable way.

I'm assuming you're looking to use a workflow that is by one of the teeth makers you list. Also, call them and ask. They want to sell teeth, they'll help you buy teeth.

As far as normal carded denture teeth: IF DWOS allows you to create your own libraries, you can make one yourself by scanning in all the cards you want, but! You will need to mill them from your own PMMA or print them yourself. The carded teeth will not 'drop in', but need massaging to get to fitting into most places that don't have 20 years of edentulism.

The basal surface of the tooth needing to be modified at least to fit the milled/printed base precludes normal carded teeth from being used. There's no method to mount them for the mill to remove the right places.

If you have any more or any follow up questions, feel welcome to ask.

Just got the free time to get this answer since nobody else had the chance yet first.
Thanks for your reply, yeah I was in training for three days last week and I have a three year old at home, so I don't have much time to respond to anything other than what I was looking for. Thanks for your long reply, it is looking like we might have to get a new system at some point, but for now the boss can't afford to just drop $ on new things. I'm wondering if there are any programers out there that could jail break the scanner and then we could just get exocad lol!

M

Malonehan

Reaction score
I'll look into what we could get back on eBay. We just purchased (2nd hand) a digital dental mill and got some training on it last week. The trainer recommend a scanner that's super open source, but I'll have to ask him again what it was

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, yeah I was in training for three days last week and I have a three year old at home, so I don't have much time to respond to anything other than what I was looking for. Thanks for your long reply, it is looking like we might have to get a new system at some point, but for now the boss can't afford to just drop $ on new things. I'm wondering if there are any programers out there that could jail break the scanner and then we could just get exocad lol!
Possible. Yes. Legal. Not in the US under DMCA. Possible. Well, of course, but it's not worth it.

Check with our sponsors, see if anyone has a off-loan or nearly new machine that was a mismatch with the lab who got one that fit them better.

You don't have to pay new prices to get good machines, but you must choose resellers wisely. They are your support and training.

M

Malonehan

Reaction score
Good to know, I will steer clear of that idea! Where do I go to look at sponsors?
Thanks for your help/advice