Exocad Tooth Placement

M

Marcin K

Reaction score
Seasoned 3shape designer here who pretty much knows 3shape like the back of my hand. Despite everyone who praises exocad I find 3shape to be just much more intuitive and more productive in all honesty. Doing an All on 4 using rosen screw on Exocad (since they don't have an FDA dme for 3shape) and I for the love of god dont understand why the tooth placement options in exocad are so god awful. The tooth chain is starts me off is so terrible and i don't even see an option to just start from the default library position and just adjust myself.

Any advice on how to have a similar tooth placement experience similar to 3shape. Also anyway i can set a plane so that when i mirror one to the other side it will adjust the placement and anatomy similar to 3shape mirror feature?

Some images for reference of the initial tooth placement it starts me off with.

Attachments

• Image_01.png
    Image_01.png
    705.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Image_02.png
    Image_02.png
    574.9 KB · Views: 16
L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Hope this helps…works the same way on an all-on-x.
Also, at that initial placement, you can go into expert mode and hit Simple or Advanced tabs to individually move and size the teeth and put them in the positions were you want them, and then hit the chain tab again ( it will move them together in the arch to contact) and go from there.

Last edited: