To inlab CAD software user

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Hello for all inlab sw users out there
We all know that implant library in inlab is very limited, lot of brand doesnt exist in inlab implant library
My question is. How do you survive with it? Are you buy another cad like exocad? Since now exocad already compatible with ineosx5

My anothet question is. Can we scan ti base without scanbody ? Because in exocad we have "without scanbody" choice, i dont see that choice in inlab.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
For my cerec docs I just have them scan whatever scan body they want and call it a crown not an implant and send it through sirona connect. I then export stl file from my inlab software to exocad and take it from there.

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
For my cerec docs I just have them scan whatever scan body they want and call it a crown not an implant and send it through sirona connect. I then export stl file from my inlab software to exocad and take it from there.
How about this
The docs make an impression of implant and i wanna use ti-base korean brand like dentium or megagen (these brand doesnt exist in implant library. I want to make custom abutment zirconia and full crown zirconia.
the question is, can we make custom abutment zirconia on ti base without scanbody? Because exocad can do that without scanbody..

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Yes, just treat the ti base as a prepped tooth. You'll just have to do a reduced crown or build up a coping in the shape of an abutment.

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Yes, just treat the ti base as a prepped tooth. You'll just have to do a reduced crown or build up a coping in the shape of an abutment.
Ok i understand, but can i make the followup cementable crown in 1 stage with the abutment shape ?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I made the zirconia abutment, designed a screw hole. Sintered it and made any necessary shape changes with handpiece. Then scanned the abutment on the ti base. Design and milled crown, sintered it. Finished crown and cemented abutment to ti base. Done.

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Why dont make in 1 stage? Because i saw that inlab has that feature in youtube

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220505-080721_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220505-080721_Gallery.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 8
M

mmbh

Reaction score
Can if you want. I don't really like Split file stuff unless the abutment has a large enough sub gingival area below the margin to put the sprews for nesting and milling.

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Can if you want. I don't really like Split file stuff unless the abutment has a large enough sub gingival area below the margin to put the sprews for nesting and milling.
Ouh i see, is that split feature can be used also without scanbody ?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Yes if I recall correctly. I do not use inlab for design anymore.

Top Bottom