Tips and Tricks for your lab

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
These are all great ideas, so here's what I had to come up with for a wet area. If you work from home and don't want to tie into your waterline, or like me didn't have anything readily available in your lab area, here is a $50-60 solution. 2.5 gal container from walmart, utility sink from hardware store, 5 gal bucket from the shed, and presto, no plumber needed, no messy plaster trap. Fill the water container every morning and after lunch, dump the bucket every night.

Looks kinda like a meth lab;)
I have the same sink just with a plaster trap connected. Good idea!

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Meth lab...kinda similar to being a dental lab, we're all a little touched in the head :D

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
And dump the bucket where, every night? ;) :) Even though you mentioned a messy plaster trap, would getting the drain fittings for the tub drain and have it run into a 2.5 gall. disposable plaster trap (maybe on 4x4s to elevate it if needed) then have then have the other plaster trap drain hose drain into the bucket, so that where ever you're dumping it won't get mucked up after awhile? I suppose if you live on acres of land, it wouldn't matter, as it's not like you're throwing out reactor water.

He could use multiple 5 gal buckets and let it set, then bump it with a rubber hammer and bag the

plaster up or get rid of it somehow else.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Like and Creative, Kent.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Or sell them as casts of Bigfoot's footprint. What did the comedian say as far as why all the Bigfoot photos of him are blurry? Because he is blurry.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Or sell them as casts of Bigfoot's footprint. What did the comedian say as far as why all the Bigfoot photos of him are blurry? Because he is blurry.
This is the only Bigfoot evidence I have seen and it doesn't hang around long.

SierraNevada-Bigfoot.jpg

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg @nvarras , To keep your new toy looking new, split a gallon zip bag and rubber band to the top. ;)

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Nice. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
A box of plastic wrap will help keep it clean too. The one from Costco lasts for years.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Order a few packs of these.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KV38ES/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And then...
Stickem to your shelf to hold some tools.
11738747236_7421eb479d.jpg

Drop one in the base former to keep your bottles from spilling. Works well when you have the steel bench top.
11738273393_08660d94bc.jpg

This lil magnet hasent fallen off yet, and I always know where my glasses are, they stick to everything.
11738292773_8eb3e18131.jpg

Crown box + 100 blades = Magnet on the outside = Never spill.
11738463904_25c5191768.jpg

Drop a magnet into a bottle of whatever and it sticks to anything without sliding down the shelf.
11738448594_98076b488e.jpg

The link on the top is exactly what I order.

Reminds me of this Marcus
04c6c8300f0ed75a0070e51b51be051b.jpg

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
So I split 2 disposable plungers in a row. After never happening. So I'm trying this. Cut off a piece from an old alox plunger and placing it on top of disposable when pressing. Scooped out middle slightly. Maybe should've left It flat, but so far so good.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So I split 2 disposable plungers in a row. After never happening. So I'm trying this. Cut off a piece from an old alox plunger and placing it on top of disposable when pressing. Scooped out middle slightly. Maybe should've left It flat, but so far so good.
How many of those disks did it take to cut the alox plunger?

View attachment 24308 View attachment 24309

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score

One did the trick. Lots and lots.......of water. Prolly 10-15 minutes to get through it.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Do you make your own disposable plungers or buy them?.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Do you make your own disposable plungers or buy them?.

I've been using some from zahn for awhile. It was the last 2 from a box that messed up. The oven Press unit crunched into the plunger and left a dome shape from it. After the first time I thought well I'm glad that never happens I'd be in trouble. The uggggggh!!! The very next one. I was pressing multi. Been doing that way for some time now. The ivo ring system for multi is a hassle so I use regular formers and disposable plungers.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

View attachment 24308 View attachment 24309

I really like those discs for cutting off emax units from the button. I also like the ones for cutting metal frames off a button. Renfert Dynex 572526

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I've been using some from zahn for awhile. It was the last 2 from a box that messed up. The oven Press unit crunched into the plunger and left a dome shape from it. After the first time I thought well I'm glad that never happens I'd be in trouble. The uggggggh!!! The very next one. I was pressing multi. Been doing that way for some time now. The ivo ring system for multi is a hassle so I use regular formers and disposable plungers.

Did you look at the plunger in the muffle? Sometimes "stuff" builds up on the tip making in no longer flat.
That can act like a wedge splitting fire wood. If that's the case you may have to remove it and clean the buildup off.
Just a thought. I've been there!