Ti interface

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Who do you guys get your interfaces from, and what kind of price should i be paying? For example, what should i be paying for a Ti interface and Ti screw for an external 3i interface.
Wondering if milling my own through buying a better mill would be worth the hassle. I am about to buy a mini/vhf of some sort and i may be getting a small injection of cash to top up my buying power. 450i looks AWESOME.

Thanks for any input ladies and gentlemen.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I get mine through CAP which use the NT Tading interfaces and I think I pay around $50 bucks.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Milling your own Ti interfaces can pain a big pain in the ass . IMO , it doesn't worth the trouble . I have milled one or two , but it takes 1 hour for each . And I am milling metal a lot faster than 450 i , 18-20 minutes per crown , 30 minutes for an abutment .

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Those Ti interfaces are usually cut on expensive industrial machining centers (mill, drill and turn) hence the accuracy, smooth finish and the absence of the sprues... takes less than two minutes to make one from continuously fed bar stock....small "dental" mills just cannot achieve the same finish and be productive as well... no wonder they came up with the idea of ready made implant stocks to cut down on machining time and have a precision cut interface the small mill doesn't have to touch... IMO For small volumes it makes more sense to buy ready made...

Here's a video of an implant being cut:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Thanks guys you have been helpful as always. :D

Top Bottom