teeth falling out

T

twaite

Reaction score
Help my teeth are falling out of the flask after the boil out. I am putting putty around them so it's easyier to clean afterward. One thing I must say is with or without the putty the teeth are still coming out. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.

the boil out water is clean
the putty is hard the shore is A 95
we pour clean hot water over the cast to get a good clean rinse.

T

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Since they are coming out of the flask when you invest with both putty and straight stone , I would suggest you have a very thin film of wax on them.

We all have teeth pop from time to time but most of the time its due to a short tooth or opening the flask before the 8 min mark when the wax is still hard.

Make sure your wax up are pristine and your processing will be a bunch easier.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Could be leaving them in the boil out to long. I've found over the years this greatly increases teeth popping out of the flask. Especially for us, we hit everything with the steamer after it comes out of the boil out, last thing you want is teeth flying everywhere... :D

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Pop-outs

I used to have a lot of problems with that, make sure you've trimmed back the wax to the cervical of the teeth when festooning to get some undercut and don't short-cut the heat-soak time when softening the wax during boil-out and pop-outs will be rare.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
brush and floss regularly. oh no wait this is about dentures...

rkobbe

rkobbe

Reaction score
I agree with budgenator, leave a little more of the linguals of the teeth exposed to create more undercut.

B

Blacktide

Reaction score
After boiling off wax and washing flask using soap ( sunlight or dove leaves no residue),apply your separator and the clean ridge laps of the teeth in the flask with the same monomer used when mixing your acrylic. This washes all dirt/debris/oils from wax or separator that you may have missed.

B

Blacktide

Reaction score
Sorry, answer was for a different question. A thin film of wax on the surface of the teeth and too short of heat up flask time is usually the issue. Try pressing your putty really aggressively into the interproximal contacts of the teeth to grab those undercuts especially if your wax up needs to be shorter around the teeth

Top Bottom