TCS or Vertex pour flask?

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Vertex 100$
TCS 75 $
Castaflask%20%20%20%20%20clear-500x500.jpg
154_image1_pour-flask.jpg

Do i really need it to be transparent? is it that much of a big deal ? what would you prefer ?

B

billydte

Reaction score
I have never used anything except the TCS and I don't have an issue with them. Looking at the picture I think I like the fact the TCS is a 3 part flask. Looks like the other one is a two part?

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Yes, vertex is a 2 piece, im thinking tcs is a bit too big, requires more colloid

B

billydte

Reaction score
I guess it depends on what your using it for. If your processing, the bigger 3 piece flask is better in my opinion. If just for duplicating, the 2 piece makes sense.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Frickedental sells a flask for $58. Similar style. Im going to purchase some.

Last edited:
X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I've been using Fricke's for years and years, they are designed really similar to the TCS brand and are as luke stated about $50 +/-. Basically a one time purchase, last forever.

As for size I find them to be about perfect for average case, of course there's times it's a little big and everyone once in a while you wish it was just a little bigger, but hey we all think that every once in a while. Overall there perfect.

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Thanks guys, really helpful, so i finally made a decision, going to buy 2x tcs and 1x Vertex, spared 50 buck, following your comments, i realized tcs is better because more colloid offers more stability of the colloid mass, il just get 1 vertex to try it out, you kno', i never made pour tech dentures so i must experiment a bit problem is i cant find universal reversible colloid, just gel for phospate silicate, can you guys lead me a bit and show me some colloid for mixing machine ? Im from Romania btw, and here is hard to find products for pour tech that arent extra mega expensive, here its a rare thing.

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Its not only for duplicating, its for pouring and curing acrylic in the polimerisation unit also?

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Yes. If you are inexperienced with the material there are some old threads on here that give detailed explanations of proper technique with material. Look back in the removable forums. @costinsilviu89

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
I found a bucket 7,5 kg, 100 euros, its preety convenient but its from another country, im worried about shipment, how much time does a bucket of colloid last till it snot good anymore? Im using a duplicate machine, im thinking it would prolongue its lifetime

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
And can suggest some acrylic resin and monomer, what would i need?

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
@costinsilviu89 100 euros sounds about right.. I think i get it from zahn before shipping for 90$. At my work we cycle hydrocolloid machine at end of each day.. Lasts 2-3 weeks. If you are doing a small amount and dont have to cycle daily it could last for months. I like naturcryl by gc america, or lucitone faspour.

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Order just arrived yesterday, the tcs is actualy much smaller than vertex, i was expecting to be opposite, aniway didnt expect that tcs would look so cool, i really like the feel it gives, vertex looks nicer tho looks more sophisticated, but honestly i dont know why i like more the tcs aspect.
I found out these guys from where i ordered had Neoloy from Dentsply, but they didnt show it up on website...strange, about 60 buck 1 gallon.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I purchased some old stock 20 years ago. 10 flasks, I believe they were either COE or Howemedica. Good luck finding them today some pop up on eBay if you look from time to time. The thicker Aluminum plates aid in chilling the colloid faster in ice water.

Today I am way too cheap to spend that kind of money on a Fluid resin flask, I would make my own out of 4" PVC pip with a glued in bottom and a drill out a slip top. You could make a flask for less than 5 bucks if you think about it.

. 4f5fa1836a749-614_460.jpg 20LU39_AS01.JPG

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Yea i was thinking about it too, but since i started lab work i was having very few tools to make dentures, like 2 spatulas, a bunsen, 5 buck articulator, and i improvised so many tools that my workmates were starting to laugh at me, like im that guy that hasnt got anything else to do with his time, but invent silly tools and techniquesHahahaHmmmm2, some ceramists think they know it all.... Maybe you understand now why Five

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Back with a review.
After a couple of attempts, i realised Tcs flask is really strong, being crafted of metal, its easy to clean out and precise enough, being smaller allows more pieces into the pressure pot and due to its rectangular shape.
As for Vertex flask, i am very dissapointed, design is very unnecesar, when you pour colloid, holes tend to shrink unlike tcs where you put the ring on top , that helps not shrink inside flask, but the main issue is that plastic is very hard to clean off resin, and it cracks at high temp, like 50-60c, gonna use it only for duplicate and get miself more tcs.
The entire flask is cracked like thisBanghead
IMG_0812.JPG

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Looks nice, but order plus delivery from us to eu...$$$
Id definetly buy that tho

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I purchased some old stock 20 years ago. 10 flasks, I believe they were either COE or Howemedica. Good luck finding them today some pop up on eBay if you look from time to time. The thicker Aluminum plates aid in chilling the colloid faster in ice water.

Today I am way too cheap to spend that kind of money on a Fluid resin flask, I would make my own out of 4" PVC pip with a glued in bottom and a drill out a slip top. You could make a flask for less than 5 bucks if you think about it.

. View attachment 18976 View attachment 18977
I'm thinking that looks almost exactly like an electrical box that would hold 2 light switches. They come in thick plastic with pop outs. Hmmm.