Straumann Cares CS2 is it viable?

A

andrprtl

Reaction score
Hey there,

i found a guy giving away a Straumann cares cs2 almost for free. i have no training with model scanning and i would like to get one for the dental clinic. it comes without the software, but i can manage that.
I am asking to you experts, is it still a viable option? i am looking to scan a few models per week and play around with a 3d printer. Sadly, IOS is still not an option for our reality, but meanwhile i would like to try this. The expenses for the equipment would be really low.
Is it worth?

Thanks!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
The software....will you buy the DW software license from $traumann?
I have a CS2 that has been a doorstop since I bought it's replacement in 2016. Curious your plan on how to use it. That would answer the cost viability.

A

andrprtl

Reaction score
The software....will you buy the DW software license from $traumann?
I have a CS2 that has been a doorstop since I bought it's replacement in 2016. Curious your plan on how to use it. That would answer the cost viability.
Yes that would be the idea!
Besides being your door step loll, could you give a few tips about how it compares to more recent scanners? :)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I really didn't find fault with the scanner. It's not as fast as the current generations of scanners. But small labs can usually hit scan, do someing else for a couple minutes and go to the next step. Wher I finally (literally) pulled the plug was when every software update or patch was more glitchy than the past. DW as a concept software was mostly ok. I miss a very few things.

A

andrprtl

Reaction score
This is actually helpful information, thanks. Due to the low usage I would do of the scanner, it seems it could do it!...

I often work with artex articulator, I noticed online that a few scanner can accept model scanning using a semi adjustable articulator. I guess the cs2 is too old for that? Did you scan models in occlusion?
I really didn't find fault with the scanner. It's not as fast as the current generations of scanners. But small labs can usually hit scan, do someing else for a couple minutes and go to the next step. Wher I finally (literally) pulled the plug was when every software update or patch was more glitchy than the past. DW as a concept software was mostly ok. I miss a very few things.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
It was very restrictive for scanning models in occlusion. But if my memory serves, it has a pretty good bite scan & correlation feature. Any idea how much a DW license is currently?

A

andrprtl

Reaction score
It was very restrictive for scanning models in occlusion. But if my memory serves, it has a pretty good bite scan & correlation feature. Any idea how much a DW license is currently?
All right thanks!
Where are you based? I think the pricing may vary depending on the country
I’m in Europe and I think the fee is even different from neighboring countries

T

tatooth

Reaction score
I believe it's $1900 year. Call straumann and ask if the still support that scanner. Ask for tec support.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I had both a CS2 and an old Multimat from Vita that I junked a few years ago. Don't miss the CS2. The Multimat had about $2000 worth of Platinum in the muffle that stupid me didn't even think about. Someone got lucky that day!

Attachments

• CS2.JPG
    CS2.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom